Sexual Harassment Case Settles for $306K
An employee at a Daytona television station recently received a $306,000 settlement in a sexual harassment lawsuit alleging inappropriate conduct and retaliation. The plaintiff claimed that her supervisor made unwanted sexual advances to her and when she complained to the management board she was retaliated against.
Details of the Sexual Harassment Case
- The plaintiff was working at a Daytona State College-affiliated television station when the incidents occurred.
- In 2007, the plaintiff claimed that her supervisor made several unwanted sexual advances to her. In 2008, she made at least ten complaints to college officials.
- The plaintiff contends that she received a poor evaluation as retaliation for filing her complaints with the officials and in 2009, she resigned from her job because of the harassment.
- She filed a subsequent lawsuit claiming sexual harassment, gender discrimination, hostile work environment, and retaliation.
- The television company and the plaintiff settled the case for $306,500 in 2012.
Contact an Experienced Sexual Harassment Attorney
If you have suffered from sexual harassment in the workplace, contact Thomas J. Henry immediately. We have the knowledge and experience to handle your case. We will also take immediate action to prevent any further mistreatment. Our attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. Your choice does matter. Contact Thomas J. Henry for immediate assistance.