Shimano American Recalls Disc Brake Calipers
The United States Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) has reported on a recall on the Shimano American disc brake calipers (a bicycle part). It is evident that the calipers could possibly fail and could cause a collision.
Description of the Disc Brake Calipers
This information is provided by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission:
- Includes all Shimano BR-CX75 aftermarket disc brake calipers and BR-R515 disc brake calipers installed on road and cyclocross bicycles; both models have black or silver finishes
- “Shimano,” “China,” and the model number are printed on brake caliper’s exterior
- About 6,600 units have been sold in the U.S., and another 704 units have been sold in Canada
- They are sold at specialty stores and dealers nationwide
- Sold from February 2012 to May 2013 for about $75 for the BR-CX75 model; the BR-R515 model price was included in the cost of the bicycles wherever they were installed
Disc Brake Caliper Recall
- The calipers on the brakes can fail, and a collision could result
- No reported injuries as of yet
- Sold by manufacturers including BMC, Giant, Ibis, Raleigh, Shinola, Specialized and Volagi
- The calipers are manufactured in China; the manufacturer is Shimano American Corporation, located in Irvine, California
- More information concerning this recall is located on the CPSC’s website:http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2013/Shimano-American-Recalls-Disc-Brake-Calipers/
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of drug and product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division have extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. The Defective Drug and Products Division represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of medical devices and/ or defective pharmaceuticals.
If you or a loved one have been injured by or have developed serious side-effects from the use of defective medications or pharmaceuticals, contact Thomas J. Henry immediately. We represent clients/victims all over the country. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.