Skip Hop Recalls About 4,000 Crib Mobiles
About the Skip Hop Crib Mobile Recall
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and Skip Hop Inc. are recalling the Skip Hop Moonlight & Melodies projection crib mobiles. There have been eight reports of crib mobiles breaking but there are no reported injuries.
According to consumer complaints, the strap that attaches the mobile to the crib has been breaking off, causing the mobile to fall into the crib.
It is advised that consumers refrain from using the recalled mobiles due to the injury hazard. The firm is offering a $75 coupon for any new Skip Hop product, to those who contact.
Description of the Recalled Crib Mobiles
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) recall notice provided the following:
- The mobile has four blinking, glowing leaves with stuffed animal attachments, and a plastic arm that grips the side of the crib.
- The mobile can also play eight nursery lullabies as it projects stars on the ceiling.
- The mobile measures 17.5 inches long by 14 inches wide by 22 inches high.
- On the back of the mobile base, SKIP HOP and the model number 185509 are printed. this
- The mobiles were sold for approximately $65 at Babies R Us, Buy Buy Baby, other independent stores nationwide and online at Amazon.com and skiphop.com from July 2015 to November 2015.