Spartan Fresh Selection American Potato Salad Recalled Due to Listeria
The Federal Drug Administration announced that Garden Fresh Food Incorporated has released an urgent recall of their product Spartan Fresh Selection American Potato Salad in 16 ounce Containers. Testing of the potato salad indicated the presence of Listeria monocytogenes, a serious health threat.
About the Potato Salad Recall
- Listeria monocytogenes has been found in 16 oz. packages of Spartan Fresh Selections American Potato Salad with a USE BY DATE OF 09/06/13/04.
- Consumers should immediately stop using this product, or avoid opening the package if it is still sealed.
- The product was distributed by Spartan Stores in the state of Michigan and Toledo, Ohio.
Listeria monocytogenes Description
The following information has been provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- Listeria monocytogenes may cause an infection known as Listeriosis, a serious infection usually caused by eating food contaminated with the bacterium.
- The disease primarily affects older adults, pregnant women, newborns, and adults with weakened immune systems.
- Pregnant women are particularly susceptible as infections during pregnancy. Infection can lead to miscarriage, stillbirth, premature delivery, or life-threatening infection of the newborn.
- People without these risk factors can also be affected.
- Symptoms may include fever and muscle aches, sometimes preceded by diarrhea or other gastrointestinal symptoms.
- Almost everyone who is diagnosed with listeriosis has “invasive” infection, in which the bacteria spread beyond the gastrointestinal tract.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective drugs and/or products.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of a recalled product, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.
RECENT MEDICAL MALPRACTICE RESULT
$10.9 MillionExpenses: $175,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $3,200,000.00 | Net to Client: $4,029,762.00 (Purchase of a Lifetime Annuity)
RECENT VEHICLE RECALL RESULT
$30.2 MillionExpenses: $39,576.15 | Attorneys Fees: $10,060,980.00 | Net to Client: $20,121,960.57