Spectrum Brands Recalls Rayovac Flashlights due to Burn Hazard
Spectrum Brands has recently recalled 225.000 Rayovac flashlights due to a burn hazard.
Flashlight Poses Potential Burn Hazard
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), the Rayovac flashlights pose a burn hazard threat due to the batteries overheating, which can melt the flashlight’s plastic casing during use.
Spectrum has received 12 reports of overheating and melting during use.
CPSC recommends that consumers should stop using the recalled flashlights immediately, remove the batteries, and contact Spectrum for a full refund or register for the recall at www.rovrecall.com.
Details of the Recalled Rayovac Flashlights
- The recall involves Rayovac LED Industrial flashlights (model ILED2AA) with run times of 25 or 50 hours, Rayovac Value Bright LED plastic flashlights (model BRSELED2AA-BA), and Rayovac Value Bright flashlights (model BRSELED2AA-BDGDI).
- The flashlights measure about 6 ½ inches long, and the flashlight head is about 11/3 inches in diameter. The flashlights use two AA batteries.
- They were sold in the following colors: solid red, blue, green or black with yellow.
- Rayovac is printed on the head of the flashlight. The date code is printed on a white clicker inside the flashlight’s tube.
- The following date codes are included in the recall:
The flashlights were sold at grocery, drug, hardware, home improvement and auto part stores, farm and ranch product outlets, military surplus outlets and farm cooperatives and other stores nationwide and also online at www.rayovac.com.
They were also sold at other websites from February 2012 to December 2013 for about $2.30.They are manufactured by P.T. Topus International of Indonesia. For more information, consumers can contact Spectrum Brands toll-free at (855) 752-6660 from 8:30a.m. to 5p.m. Monday through Friday or visit the website at www.spectrumbrands.com or www.rayovac.com and click on Product Recalls for more information.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective drugs and/or products.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of a recalled product, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We represent clients/victims all over the country. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.