Square Grove Recalls Sit-Stand Desk Converters Due to Serious Injury Hazard
According to the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission, Square Grove LLC has recalled its Sit-Stand Converters after reports of personal injury due to the pneumatic lifting mechanism. This poses a serious hazard as it can pinch or break the fingers.
Square Grove LLC has received reports of two separate incidents, which resulted in a fractured finger and a pinched finger with bruising.
Consumers are advised to immediately discontinue the use of the recalled converters and contact Square Grove LLC directly for a free repair kit.
Descriptio fo the Recalled Sit-Stand Converters
U.S Consumer Product Safety Commission provides the following information:
- The UPL147 model is included in the recall and consists of both the freestand and clamp versions.
- The freestand version is positioned on a desk that raises and lowers a computer monitor and keyboard by 17 inches.
- The clamp version has the same function as the freestand version but clamps to the back of the desk.
- Both versions are colored black.
- The freestanding base platform version dimensions are approximately 20 inches in width and 20 inches in diameter.
- The clamp mount version dimensions are approximately 7 inches in width and 18 inches in diameter.
- The words “UPLIFT DESK” are visibly printed on the product.