Staples Recalls 2,000 Office Chairs – Fall Hazard
Staples has recalled about 2,000 “Back in Motion” office chairs due to a fall hazard.
About the Office Chair Recall
According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), a fall hazard is presented when consumers lean back on the chair because it can tip over. No incidents of injury have been reported.
As a solution, Staples recommends that all consumers stop using the chairs immediately and contact the retailer for a free replacement base.
Description of the Recalled “Back in Motion” Office Chairs
Information below provided by the US CPSC:
- This recall involves Staples and Quill brand “Back in Motion” office chairs.
- The black, bonded leather chair has a tilt function and a base with wheels.
- The chairs have SKU # 203439 and item number SBG 24422 printed on the white label on the underside of the seat cushion.
- A second label, also located on the underside of the seat cushion, states “Reg. No. CA31704 (CN)” and “Made by LF Products PTE LTD.”
- Recalled chairs were sold at Staples stores nationwide and online at Staples.com and Quill.com from January 2014 through January 2016 for about $215.