Study- Sexual Violence in America
“The findings in this report underscore the heavy toll of this violence, the immediate impacts of victimization, and the lifelong health consequences,” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Sexual Violence Facts and Statistics
The study information below was obtained through the National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey which was administered by the CDC to 9,086 women and 7,421 men in the U.S.
- Nearly 1 in 5 women and 1 in 71 men report being raped in their lifetime.
- Approximately 80% of women experienced their first rape before the age of 25.
- 42% of female victims reported being raped before they turned 18;
- 12% of the women in this group were raped when they were 10 or younger.
- Almost 28% of male victims reported being raped when they were 10 or younger.
Long-Term Health Effects of Sexual Violence
- Men and women who experienced certain types of physical/sexual violence were more likely to report frequent headaches, chronic pain, difficulty with sleeping, activity limitations, poor physical health, and poor mental health than non-victims.
- Women who were victims of certain types of physical/sexual violence were more likely to report having asthma, diabetes, and irritable bowel syndrome than non-victims.
Contact an Experienced Child Injury Attorney
If you believe your child has suffered from physical or sexual abuse, contact Thomas J. Henry immediately. We have the knowledge and experience to handle your child’s case. We will also take immediate action to prevent any further mistreatment. Our attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. Your choice does matter. Contact Thomas J. Henry for immediate assistance.
RECENT MEDICAL MALPRACTICE RESULT
$10.9 MillionExpenses: $175,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $3,200,000.00 | Net to Client: $4,029,762.00 (Purchase of a Lifetime Annuity)
RECENT VEHICLE RECALL RESULT
$30.2 MillionExpenses: $39,576.15 | Attorneys Fees: $10,060,980.00 | Net to Client: $20,121,960.57