Summer Outdoor Safety Tips
With July upon us, here are some important things to consider if you’ll be spending some time outdoors.
Outdoor Safety Tips
July is here, and that means that many people are going to be spending time outdoors. Healthychildren.org reports that the following measure should be taken into consideration when spending time outdoors this holiday weekend.
- Improper use of fireworks can result in blindness, scarring, burns, and, in some cases, death.
- It’s suggested that families attended fireworks displays run by professionals instead of using fireworks at home.
- If possible, remove stagnant water sources, which serve as mosquito breeding areas.
- Keep in mind that scented soaps, hairsprays, and lotions attract mosquitos, as well as bright colored clothes and flowery prints.
- The best mosquito repellents are those that contain DEET.
- Helmets should be worn by children and adults any time they are riding a bicycle.
- Make sure the bicycle that your child is riding is suited to fit the child and is not too big for them to operate.