Target Recalls Lamps for Fire and Shock Hazard
Target has issued a recall for Threshold White 2-Bulb Floor Lamps sold in both the United States and Canada. The lamps were sold exclusively at Target stores for about $70. This product was sold between September 2013 and May 2013. Target has received several reports of fire, electric shock, and property damage.
Target Lamp Recall Details- 6 Fires Reported
- About 25,000 units of this product have been sold in the U.S., as well as 541 in Canada.
- There is a risk of fire and shock hazards from the use of this product.
- The installation of one-way light bulbs into the three-way socket has been the cause of short circuiting.
- There are currently six reports of short circuiting which have resulted in fires.
- Two consumers have reported being electrically shocked.
- Minor damage to property has also been reported.
- All consumers are advised to immediately cease use of the defective lamps and unplug them.
Threshold Floor Lamps Description
The following information has been provided by United States Consumer Product Safety Commission:
- The recall includes white plastic, turned-spindle design floor lamps with white fabric drum lamp shades and two 3-way pull-chain switches.
- The lamp is illuminated by two 3-way 100-watt or 29-watt CFL bulbs and stands approximately 60 inches tall.
- The model number PL1071 is located on a sticker on the bottom of the lamp.
- The Threshold Floor Lamp is sold exclusively at Target between the date of September 2012 and May 2013.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective drugs and/or products.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of a recalled product, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We represent clients/victims all over the country. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.