Texas Firm Recalls Beef and Pork Products
According to a Food Safety and Inspection Service story, Lao Chareune Foods, a Dallas, Texas, establishment, is recalling approximately 8,200 pounds of various beef and pork products because they were produced without the benefit of federal inspection and were misbranded. FSIS listed the recall as a Class I recall and the health risk is high.
Beef and Pork Items Being Recalled
FSIS is recalling the following:
- 3-oz. and 8-oz. packages containing “Pork Snack Stick” (the pork snack stick is misbranded – it’s raw and as such cannot be labeled as a snack stick); 3.20-oz. packages containing “Seasoned Fried Beef”; 1.76-oz. packages containing “Fried Pork Skins”; and 1.20-oz. packages containing “Sliced Fried Pork Ears.”
- Each package bears the establishment number “EST. 13479” inside the USDA mark of inspection.
- There are no production or expiration dates on the products in commerce.
- FSIS has determined that the products were produced from May 22, 2012 to the present and distributed in Louisiana and Texas.
How FSIS Discovered the Problem
- The problem was discovered by FSIS enforcement personnel who identified the products in commerce labeled with the USDA mark of inspection and determined that they were produced without the benefit of inspection.
- FSIS has received no reports of illness due to consumption of these products. Anyone concerned about an illness should contact a health care provider.
The toll-free USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline 1-888-MPHotline (1-888-674-6854) is available in English and Spanish.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective drugs and/or products.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of recalled foods or supplements, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We represent clients/victims all over the country. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.