Texas Man Receives $8M in Trucking Settlement
A man and his family were awarded $8.7 million in the settlement of a Texas trucking accident lawsuit.
About the Texas Trucking Accident
- The accident occurred June 22, 2011 around 6:30 p.m.
- The plaintiff rear ended an 18-wheeler as it was stopped to make a right turn into a fracking site to deliver water.
- The plaintiff claimed the tractor-trailer did not have a turn signal or warning light on.
- According to the plaintiff, the tractor-trailer was not visible until the vehicle in front of him changed lanes.
Injuries Sustained in Trucking Accident
- The plaintiff suffered from a cervical fracture.
- He underwent emergency neck surgery in which permanent screws and metal rods were implanted.
- The plaintiff was hospitalized for two months and suffered from incomplete quadriplegia (incomplete paralysis).
- Half of the plaintiff’s spine was atrophied at three cervical levels.
- Pumps were implanted to administer pain medication.
Details on the Lawsuit
- The plaintiff sued the driver for driving unsafely and the driver’s employer for negligent entrustment, hiring, retention, and supervision.
- An accident reconstruction expert claimed the truck driver should have made his turn from the shoulder of the road, not the right lane.
- The plaintiff’s attorney cited that many collisions had occurred at the site with similar circumstances.
- The driver admitted that he had lied about prior traffic convictions when applying for the job.
The lawsuit resulted in a settlement of $8.7 million being awarded to the plaintiff.
Contact an Experienced Trucking Accident Attorney
Thomas J. Henry have handled a multitude of 18-wheeler accidents over the past two decades and continue to handle many of the largest 18-wheeler accident cases throughout the United States. Whether the company is small or large, our success is not an accident; it is because we understand how trucking companies operate. We represent clients/victims all over the country.
Thomas J. Henry are available to respond to trucking accidents at any hour, day or night. Our lawyers understand that the immediate acquisition, or acquiring, of evidence is paramount to understanding how the accident occurred. Remember, your choice does matter. Contact our offices – we are available 24/7, nights and weekends.
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT RESULT
$1.8 MillionExpenses: $20,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $765,000.00 | Net to Client: $1 Million
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT RESULTS
$2 MillionExpenses: $78,475.96 | Attorneys Fees: $850,087.96 | Net to Client: $1,071,436.00
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT RESULT
$2.3 MillionExpenses: $200,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $900,000.00 | Net to Client: $1.2 Million