Texas Resident Awarded $350,279 in Trucking Accident
A Texas jury found in favor of a motorist who was injured when a truck lost control, pushing another parked vehicle into her disabled car.
At the time of the accident, the plaintiff was sitting her car in the grass just off the shoulder of a Texas highway. Police had already arrived on the scene to aid her when the truck jackknifed, colliding with a parked vehicle and pushing it into the plaintiff’s vehicle.
Injuries and Damages Suffered in Trucking Accident
- Neck injuries
- Herniated disc
- Neurological pain
- Need for physical therapy
- $50,279 in medical bills
Lawsuit Filed Against Truck Driver and Trucking Company
- A negligence suit was filed against the truck’s operator as he lost control of the vehicle, causing the accident.
- A gross negligence suit filed against employer of the trucker.
The employer was also sued for negligent entrustment.
- It was found that the driver could not read or write and lacked the proper license endorsement to pull the trailer in question.
- The defense stipulated to the driver’s negligence, but disputed the claims of gross negligence and negligent entrustment.
- The driver claimed the police doctored the video captured by their cars on scene to make the accident look worse than it was.
The Verdict of the Trucking Accident
- The jury found in favor of the Plaintiff for the claims of negligence by the driver and negligent entrustment by the driver’s employer.
- The jury did not find gross negligence.
- Amounts Awarded: $50,279 for past medical costs, $100,00 for past physical impairment, $75,000 for future physical impairment, $75,000 for past pain and suffering, and $50,000 for future pain and suffering.
Contact an Experienced Trucking Accident Attorney
Thomas J. Henry have handled a multitude of 18-wheeler accidents over the past two decades and continue to handle many of the largest 18-wheeler accident cases throughout the United States. Whether the company is small or large, our success is not an accident; it is because we understand how trucking companies operate. We represent clients/victims all over the country.
Thomas J. Henry are available to respond to trucking accidents at any hour, day or night. Our lawyers understand that the immediate acquisition, or acquiring, of evidence is paramount to understanding how the accident occurred. Remember, your choice does matter. Contact our offices – we are available 24/7, nights and weekends
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT RESULT
$1.8 MillionExpenses: $20,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $765,000.00 | Net to Client: $1 Million
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT RESULTS
$2 MillionExpenses: $78,475.96 | Attorneys Fees: $850,087.96 | Net to Client: $1,071,436.00
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT RESULT
$2.3 MillionExpenses: $200,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $900,000.00 | Net to Client: $1.2 Million