Threat of E. Coli Leads to Company Recall Salads and Wraps
A California company has recalled almost 90 tons of prepackaged salads and sandwich wraps due to a contamination in which a strain of E. coli has been produced.
About the Salad and Sandwich
According to USA Today, Glass Onion Catering, Atherstone Foods, Inc., of Richmond, California has reported that the cooked ham and chicken in their products might contain E. coli O157:H7.
Though the USDA claims this strain of E. coli is rare in chicken, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has linked 26 cases of illness across three states to the recalled products.
The recalled salads and sandwiches were produced between September 23 and November 26 and were shipped to Arizona, California, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas, Utah and Washington.
Detailed Description of the Recalled Products
Following information provided by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Delish Greek Style Orzo Salad (6 oz.) Clam Shell
- UPC: 4902274630
- Delish Asian Style Noodle Salad (6 oz) Clam Shell
- UPC: 4902274628
- Delish Vegetarian Wrap (11.3 ix) Cellophane
- UPC: 4902255349
- Classic Greek Salad (9 oz) Clam Shell
- UPC: 00835794
- Southwestern Salad Kit (20 lbs box)
- UPC: N/A
- Wheat Berry Salad Kit (20 lbs box)
- UPC: N/A
E. Coli Facts and Statistics
- E. coli O157:H7 can cause diarrhea, often bloody, and abdominal cramps and can result in kidney damage and death.
- Of the 29,444 outbreak-related illnesses reported to the CDC from 2009-2010, 1,184 (4%) resulted in hospitalization while 23 lead to death.
- Children, the elderly and those with a weakened immune system are most at risk.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective drugs and/or products.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of recalled foods or supplements, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We represent clients/victims all over the country. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.