Three Injured in Round Rock Motorcycle Collision
A motorcycle collision on State Hwy 45 in Round Rock, Texas closed down parts of the roadway early Wednesday morning as crews worked to clean up the accident.
About the Round Rock Motorcycle Accident
According to KXAN news, the accident happened at 4:45 a.m. on Wednesday. Two motorcycles collided, leaving three people injured. Two of the victims are listed in critical condition. The identities of the victims have not been released.
The eastbound lanes of SH 45 from I-35 to Greenlawn Blvd. as well as the southbound I-35 flyover to SH 45 were closed while TxDOT crews cleared the scene. The lanes were re-opened at 6:15 a.m.
Texas Traffic Accident Statistics
Statistics about traffic accidents in Texas are provided by the Texas Department of Transportation.
- In 2013, about 495 motorcyclists were killed in traffic accidents.
- 53 percent of the motorcyclist fatalities were not wearing helmets at the time of the accident.
- Overall, there were 3,377 traffic-related fatalities statewide in 2013.
- That same year, a total of 65,539 serious injury crashes resulted in injuries sustained by 89,270 people.
- There was no deathless day on Texas roadways in 2013.