Tire Blowout Turns Fatal in Pflugerville, Texas
About the Fatal Texas Car Accident
- A man was driving a van carrying two passengers, a husband and wife, northbound on a state highway, when one of the van’s tires blew out.
- This caused the driver to lose control of the vehicle and crash.
- The female passenger was pinned in the vehicle and died almost instantly; the male passenger was ejected from the vehicle and died instantly; the driver was taken to a local hospital where he later passed away due to his injuries.
- All three passengers were pastors from Killeen, Texas, approximately 70 miles north of Austin.
Cause and Effect of a Tire Blowout
- A tire blowout is a rapid deflation of a vehicle tire.
- Michelin reports approximately 535 fatalities and 23,000 collisions per year due to tire blowouts.
- Puncturing of the tire is the most common way tire blowouts occur; hitting a curb, low tire pressure, and wear and tear are also general causes.
Tire Blowout Safety Tips
- The easiest way to remain safe from a tire blowout is to prevent the occurrence by properly inflating the tires, monitoring the wear, and routinely inspecting the tires.
In case a blowout does happen, it is best one remains calm; frantic behavior could potentially become tragic.
- The sound of a blown out tire is loud and can be scary.
- Do not brake hard or steer the vehicle in panic.
- Slightly accelerate to maintain the vehicle’s momentum to compensate for the pulling the vehicle will do in the direction of the flattened tire.
- Keep the steering wheel straight and firm and carefully steer out of traffic.
- Once cleared from traffic, gently decelerate.
Contact an Experienced Tire Recall Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division have extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective tires and tire parts.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has been injured in an auto accident caused by a defective or recalled tire, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We represent clients/victims all over the country. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT RESULT
$1.8 MillionExpenses: $20,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $765,000.00 | Net to Client: $1 Million
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT RESULTS
$2 MillionExpenses: $78,475.96 | Attorneys Fees: $850,087.96 | Net to Client: $1,071,436.00
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT RESULT
$2.3 MillionExpenses: $200,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $900,000.00 | Net to Client: $1.2 Million