Toddler Dies After Falling from Window
Details of the Fatal Accident
The toddler was identified as Kwahu Nuamah at the MetroHealth Medical Center after the accident. The boy was pronounced dead shortly after, according to the Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner’s Office.
Authorities reported that the young boy fell from the window at around 7 p.m. on Detroit Avenue. Police claimed the boy fell approximately 72 feet.
The window was one foot off the inside floor without a balcony, according to a neighbor. Police are currently investigating the story behind the accident.
Child Window Fall Statistics
The following data was published by CNN:
- 100,000 children were treated in U.S. emergency rooms from falling out of windows from 1990 to 2008
- 5,000 children a year are admitted into Nationwide Children’s Hospital in Columbus, Ohio
- 14 children a day fall out of windows according to the Center for Injury Research and Policy
- More boys were reported to have fallen out of windows than girls
- There is a higher percentage of younger children that fall out of windows
RECENT MEDICAL MALPRACTICE RESULT
$10.9 MillionExpenses: $175,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $3,200,000.00 | Net to Client: $4,029,762.00 (Purchase of a Lifetime Annuity)
RECENT VEHICLE RECALL RESULT
$30.2 MillionExpenses: $39,576.15 | Attorneys Fees: $10,060,980.00 | Net to Client: $20,121,960.57