Tofu and Soybean Products Recalled- Listeria
Manna Organics is recalling tofu and soybean products due to potential contamination with Listeria monocytogenes which can cause serious infection and, in some cases, death.
Soybean and Tofu Recall Information
According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recall notice, various tofu and soybean sprout products made by Manna Organics, Inc. of Newark, NJ recently tested positive for Listeria monocytogenes. The FDA recommends that consumers stop eating the recalled products and return the items to the place of purchase for a full refund. Concerned consumers may contact the company at 1-862-267-3400 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST weekdays.
What is Listeria?
- Listeria monocytogenes can cause fatal infections in children, the elderly, and others with weakened immune systems.
- Common symptoms include fever, nausea, headache, stiffness, abdominal pain and diarrhea.
- Listeria infection can also cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.
Description of Soybean and Tofu Products
- The recall includes soybean and tofu products distributed in NY, NJ, PA, MA, VA, MD, CT, GA, IL, and TX since July 2012.
- Soybean products include: Soonyeowon and Soonyeowon Healthy Soybean Sprouts of the 16 oz., 5 and 10 lbs. size, UPC Codes 0 28346 07121 8 and 0 28346 07140 9.
- Tofu products include: Soon, Jinga and Soonyeowon firm and soft, Soonyeowon silken, Tofu Large Bucket (5, 10 and 30 pcs.), Soy Milk and Small Tofu, UPC Codes 0 28346 09112 4, 0 28346 09111 7, 0 28346 07812 5, 0 28346 07814 9, 0 28346 09113 1, 0 28346 09129 2 and 0 28346 09125 4.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective drugs and/or products.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of recalled foods or supplements, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.
RECENT MEDICAL MALPRACTICE RESULT
$10.9 MillionExpenses: $175,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $3,200,000.00 | Net to Client: $4,029,762.00 (Purchase of a Lifetime Annuity)
RECENT VEHICLE RECALL RESULT
$30.2 MillionExpenses: $39,576.15 | Attorneys Fees: $10,060,980.00 | Net to Client: $20,121,960.57