Contact us 24/7
View all

Toxic Fumes at McDonald’s Kill 1, Injure 8

susan_harr5 years ago

One woman died and at least eight more were hospitalized after inhaling toxic fumes in the bathroom of a McDonald’s last Wednesday (September 7, 2011). The incident occurred in Pooler, Georgia, 10 miles outside Savannah.

About the Incident

Emergency personnel were called to the McDonald's when a customer stayed in the bathroom for longer than 10 minutes, several news outlets are reporting. When firefighters arrived, two people were unconscious on the bathroom floor. One of those unconscious was an 81-year-old woman; she died in the hospital later than day.

Eight other people including one McDonald's employee, four customers, and three firefighters were also hospitalized with breathing problems. The nature of the toxic fumes remains unknown as local authorities and the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) continue their investigation.

Thomas J. Henry Personal Injury Attorneys

Thomas J. Henry is a personal injury law firm with offices in Corpus Christi, Texas and Houston, Texas representing accident victims nationwide. Our priority is to provide our clients with the best legal representation. Our experienced trial attorneys are committed to defending your rights in personal injury matters including defective products, trucking accidents, maritime accidents, and other catastrophic accidents.

HAVE YOU BEEN INJURED?

If you’ve been injured, we can help. Contact us