Tree Stands Recalled Due to Fall Hazard
According to the U.S Consumer Product Safety Commission, two brands of hunters tree stands are being recalled due to fall hazards. The manufacturers are Rivers Edge Tree Stands Inc. and Summit Treestands, LLC.
More About the Recall
Both products have issues regarding the hanging strap that wraps around the tree. Summit Treestands' recall states the straps could dislodge from the tree stand or fail to uphold properly. Rivers Edge possesses the same problem with the snap-hook posing threat to fail, causing the tree stand to also fall to the ground.
- Rivers Edge had about 14,000 units sold where Summit Treestand had 2,900 sold.
- Rivers Edge had three reports of the snap hooks on their product failing. Two injuries were reported, including a broken toe. Summit Treestand had no reported injuries.
- Summit Treestands were sold at hunting stores, Bass Pro Shop catalogs, and other locations between July 2012 through August 2012. They cost between $70 and $100.
- Rivers Edge was sold at multiple stores nationwide. It was sold between May 1, 2012 and September 1, 2012 at prices from $39 to $120.
About the Summit Treestand
- Names and item numbers can be found on this recall website.
- The main stand attaches with a strap at the bottom of the product. The strap locks around the tree trunk and is secured as well at the top base of the product. The gray seat is held on by two locked straps attached to the top, tan strap secured around the tree trunk.
- The product comes with a Treestand strap assembly instructions.
About the Rivers Edge Treestand
- The products recalled are Rivers Edge Big Foot, Lite Foot, and Baby Big Foot tree stands.
- The product is used for bow and rifle hunting.
- It is made of metal with a dark gray shade and has black nylon straps with white thread. The seat is camouflage and black and the Rivers Edge logo is on the top. The snap-hook is used to attach the product to a tree or pole.
- The model names and numbers are located on the recall website.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective drugs and/or products.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of a recalled product, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We represent clients/victims all over the country. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.