Trend Lab Children’s Chair Recalled for Choking Hazard
Trend Lab, in cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), announced the recall of its upholstered toddler chairs.
About the Recall
- Staples in the back of the chairs can come loose and can be swallowed by children. If swallowed, the staples pose a choking and laceration hazard.
- About 16,850 chairs were sold.
- The chairs were sold online, including trend-lab.com, Amazon, BabiesRUs, Target, Walmart, and Seussland. In addition, the chairs were sold in specialty stores such as Buy Buy Baby.
- The chairs were sold for $100 to $140, from November 2007 to August 2012.
Description of Recalled Chairs
- The chairs are in Club style and Mod style.
- Club style chairs are sold in velour (blue, green, pink and red), suede (brown, pink, green, red, and turquoise) or a print fabric (chocolate dots on pink or blue).
- The Mod style chairs are sold in pink or zebra-print velour in brown on blue or pink. The chairs also come on printed fabric with brown stripes on pink or blue.
- The chairs are 24″ wide by 18″ tall and 17″ deep.
- Date codes are TL1007C through TL0812C.
- All chairs were sold with matching ottomans.
- Consumers should take the chair from their children, check the binding, and contact the firm for a repair kit.
- For more information, please visit the recall site.
Contact an Experienced Child Safety Recall Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in both product liability litigation and child injury. If your child has been the victim of a serious injury due to a recalled product, contact our offices. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends, and we represent clients/victims all over the country.