Triathlon Bicycles Recalled: Risk of Injury
Felt Bicycles has recently recalled approximately 3,300 units in the U.S. and 190 units in Canada. In June of 2010 2,100 units were recalled containing the same steer tube.
About the Triathlon Bicycles Recall
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), the steer tube on the bicycle fork is subject to breaking which can cause the rider to lose control. This poses a risk of injury.
CPSC recommends that consumers stop using the recalled bicycles immediately and make arrangements at their local Felt Bicycles dealer for a free inspection and steer tube replacement.
Description of Recalled Bicycles
- The recalled bicycles have aluminum frames with carbon fiber forks and aluminum steer tubes. The Felt logo is on the frame, tires, and on the seat.
- The model number is printed on the frame.
- The bicycles being recalled include the following:
- 2008 Felt S22 triathlon bicycle sold in white
- 2008 Felt S32 bicycle sold in gloss red
- 2010 Felt triathlon bicycle sold in black
- 2010 Felt S32 bicycle sold in gloss red
- 2010 Felt B14 triathlon bicycle sold in gloss pewter
- 2010 Felt B12 triathlon bicycle sold in gloss white
- 2010 Felt B16 triathlon bicycle sold in matte black
- Bicycles were sold nationwide from October 2007 to February 2014. Prices were in between $1500 and $3000.