TwinGo Recalls Baby Carriers Due to Fall Hazard
TwinGo Brand recently issued a worldwide recall of their “TwinGo Original” baby carriers due to an issue with the waist buckle breaking which can result in a fall hazard to children in the carrier. TwinGo is now offering a free repair kit for all affected consumers.
About the Baby Carrier Recall
TwinGo issued a recall of about 4,000 of their original carriers after receiving 13 reports of buckles breaking worldwide, including 10 in the U.S., 1 in Canada, and 2 in the U.K., according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC).
Fortunately, no injuries have been reported, but the broken buckles pose a serious fall risk to the children in the carriers.
Consumers are encouraged to stop using the carrier immediately and contact TwinGo for a free repair kit. A free replacement buckle will be provided, with instructions for its use.
A video giving instructions for the repair is also available at http://twingocarrier.com/pages/repairkit.
About the Recalled Baby Carriers
The following information was provided by the CPSC:
- The TwinGo Original Carrier is designed to carry one or two babies against the caregiver's body at the waist.
- The carrier is intended for babies that are from 10 to 45 pounds.
- A white label with the word “TwinGo” in orange and blue is located on the front of the carrier.
- An 11-digit batch number is printed on a label sewn to the waistband. Recalled batch numbers included in the recall are: 23014024003, 01515026003, and 21615019001.
- The carriers have black fabric on the outside and blue or orange fabric on the inside.
- The Chinese-manufactured carriers retailed for about $215, and were sold in boutique stores nationwide and online at Amazon.com and TwinGoCarrier.com.
- The carriers were sold from December 2014 through May 2016.
- The carriers were imported from China to Canada, the U.K., and the United States via TwinGo LLC of Mclean, Virginia.
RECENT MEDICAL MALPRACTICE RESULT
$10.9 MillionExpenses: $175,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $3,200,000.00 | Net to Client: $4,029,762.00 (Purchase of a Lifetime Annuity)
RECENT VEHICLE RECALL RESULT
$30.2 MillionExpenses: $39,576.15 | Attorneys Fees: $10,060,980.00 | Net to Client: $20,121,960.57