Two Men in Montana Die After Crashing Van into School
A minivan with two passengers crashed into a school bus carrying 50 students in Warrensburg, Montana.
Details of the School Bus Accident
- According to KSHB-TV, the SUV crashed into the back of the school bus immediately killing the two; twelve children were taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
- Montana Highway Patrol stated that although both passengers were wearing their seatbelts, the vehicle was wedged underneath the bus and there was no way the passengers would have survived.
- The school bus had its indicator on while at the stop sign on the eastbound lane of Highway 50 when it was hit.
Bus Crash Statistics
- In 2011, there were 13,000 bus-related injuries from commercial vehicle crashes according to the U.S. Department of Transportation.
- In the same year there were 283 deaths as a result of bus crashes, with 85 percent of those reported by the police.
- In 2011, fatal crashes cost the U.S. economy $39 billion with injury crashes costing $32 billion.
- There were a total of 29,757 crashes for all vehicles in the U.S. in 2011.
Contact an Experienced Bus Accident Attorney
Thomas J. Henry have handled a multitude of commercial vehicle accidents over the past two decades and continue to handle many of the largest 18-wheeler accident cases throughout the United States. Whether the company is small or large, our success is not an accident; it is because we understand how trucking companies operate. We represent clients/victims all over the country.
Thomas J. Henry are available to respond to truck and bus accidents at any hour, day or night. Our lawyers understand that the immediate acquisition, or acquiring, of evidence is paramount to understanding how the accident occurred. Remember, your choice does matter. Contact our offices – we are available 24/7, nights and weekends.