TxDOT Launches “Drive Friendly. Drive Safe.” Campaign
According to a media release by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), both pedestrian accidents and bicycle accidents are on the rise. In response, TxDOT has launched its “Drive Friendly. Drive Safe.” campaign.
Texas Pedestrian and Bicycle Accident Statistics
- According to the TxDOT website pedestrian accidents and bicycle accidents are on the rise.
- In 2012, Texas recorded approximately 5,000 pedestrian accidents.
- Of these, nearly 3,000 resulted in injury and 481 resulted in death.
- Texas also reported 2,000 bicycle accidents.
- About 1,450 of these accidents resulted in serious injury and 56 resulted in death.
- In all, Texas saw a 13.2% increase in pedestrian accidents and a 19.1% increase in bicycle accidents over 2011.
- In response to these rising numbers, TxDOT has launched “Drive Friendly. Drive Safe.”
“Drive Friendly. Drive Safe.” Safety Tips
Tips posted by the Texas Department of Transportation
- Pay attention – put your phone down.
- Obey posted speed limits.
- Be on the lookout for bicyclists on the highway and at intersections.
- When passing a bicyclist, move to another lane, if possible, and offer plenty of room.
- Watch for bicyclists who may need to maneuver around potholes and debris.
- Be on the lookout for – and yield to – pedestrians, especially when approaching crosswalks, intersections and buses.
- Watch for children who may dart across the street to catch a school bus.
- Regardless of which directions you’re traveling, always stop for school buses with flashing red lights.
Contact an Experienced Pedestrian Accident Attorney
No one should have to suffer because of someone else's mistake or negligence. Whether your injury was caused by a drunk driver, reckless or negligent driving, or even intentional misconduct, our aggressive and persistent pressure on the driver will give us the information we need to win your case.
At Thomas J. Henry, we dedicate our time and knowledge to your needs. With over 20 years of experience, we have shown each of our clients that we are committed to getting results. Our attorneys are available 24/7 nights and weekends in order to be there when you need us. Choose an attorney who is aggressive, dedicated, and experienced. Contact Thomas J. Henry today. We represent clients/victims all over the country.
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT RESULT
$1.8 MillionExpenses: $20,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $765,000.00 | Net to Client: $1 Million
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT RESULTS
$2 MillionExpenses: $78,475.96 | Attorneys Fees: $850,087.96 | Net to Client: $1,071,436.00
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT RESULT
$2.3 MillionExpenses: $200,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $900,000.00 | Net to Client: $1.2 Million