Tyson Foods Recalls 34,000 Pounds of Chicken
Tyson Foods has issued a voluntary recall for nearly 34,000 pounds of their chicken products following concerns that the chicken may be contaminated with Salmonella.
Details of the Tyson Chicken Recall
- According to a release by the United States Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service, the recall involves 40 pound cases of chicken products, each containing 10 tubs of “TYSON MECHANICALLY SEPARATED CHICKEN.”
- The products were produced on October 11, 2013 and distributed to centers in California, Florida, Indiana, Kansas, Nevada, New Jersey, Ohio and Wisconsin.
- Between November 29 and December 12, eight people were sickened by the strain of the bacteria, Salmonella Heidelberg, with two of them requiring hospitalization.
About Salmonella Infections
- Salmonella poisoning, or salmonellosis, is an infections that most often leads to diarrhea, fever, and abdominal cramps. Symptoms normally occur 12 to 72 hours after infection and may last four to seven days.
- Though most people infected recover without treatment, the infection can spread to the blood stream and other parts of the body resulting in death unless treated with antibiotics in a timely manner – infants, the elderly and those with weakened immune systems are most likely to suffer serious illness.
- The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that 42,000 cases of salmonellosis are reported every year. These cases result in roughly 400 deaths annually.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective drugs and/or products.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of recalled foods or supplements, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We represent clients/victims all over the country. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.