U.S. Boiler Home Heating Boilers Recalled-Carbon Monoxide Hazard
U.S. Boiler has recalled gas-fired hot water boilers in the U.S. and Canada due to a carbon monoxide hazard.
Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Could be a Possible Threat
According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), the product’s air pressure switch may fail to stop off the burners when a blockage is detected in the vent system.
As a result, the boiler can begin to emit excessive amounts of carbon monoxide to enter in residential areas, posing a CO poisoning hazard.
There are approximately 26,000 affected units in the U.S., and about 310 in Canada.
No incidents or injuries have been reported.
What Consumbers Should Look For
- Affected boilers are light blue in color with black trim, about 40 inches tall, 26 inches deep and range from 12-31 inches wide.
- Recalled boilers were manufactured in the U.S. between December 2005 and February 2013.
- The boilers were sold at plumbing and heating wholesale distributors nationwide between December 2005 and February 2013 for between $1,700 and $4,900.
- The model number, serial number and manufacturing date are located on a silver label on the top panel of ESC models and on the inside of PVG and SCG models on the right side panel.
Model Numbers and Serial Numbers of Affected Units
Consumers should look for the following model numbers and serial numbers as they are included in this recall:
- ESC3 through ESC9
- PVG5 through PVG9
- SCG3 through SCG9
Serial Number Range:
- 65249110 through 65382278
- 64870666 through 653875748
- 65283322 through 65858729
Owners of the recalled boilers should immediately contact the installer or distributor from whom they purchased the boiler or U.S. Boiler to schedule an in-home safety inspection and repair at no cost.
Consumers who continue to use boilers awaiting repair should have a working carbon monoxide alarm installed outside of sleeping areas in the home.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective drugs and/or products.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of a recalled product, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We represent clients/victims all over the country. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.