UPPAbaby Recalls Strollers and RumbleSeats
On July 23, 2015 UPPAbaby of Hingham, Massachusetts recalled 71,000 of it’s CRUZ and VISTA strollers and it’s RumbleSeats because the bumper bar on the seat creates a choking hazard when a child bites the bumper bar and removes a piece of the foam covering.
About the Choking Hazard
According the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), the bumper bar on these recalled strollers and RumbleSeats can pose a serious threat because the bar’s covering is made from foam and may pose a choking hazard to children when bitten off.
UPPAbaby and the CPSC, urges consumers should immediately remove and stop using the bumper bar on these recalled strollers and RumbleSeats and contact the firm to receive a free bumper bar cover and warning label.
Deaths and Injury Reports
- UPPAbaby has received 22 reports of children biting off a piece of the bumper bar foam.
- No injuries or deaths have been reported.
- Description of Recalled Strollers
Description of the Recalled Stollers and Seats
All the information below provided by the US CPSC:
- The recalled models are the UPPAbaby 2015 CRUZ, 2015 VISTA strollers, and 2015 RumbleSeat.
- The CRUZ strollers have an aluminum alloy grey or black frame with a black fabric toddler seat with a colored fabric sunshade canopy and a black basket under the seat.
- The VISTA strollers have grey or black aluminum frames, colored sunshade canopy and are made to hold one, two or up to three children.
- The RumbleSeat is a separate seat attachment that can be attached to the stroller frame.
- All of the strollers and RumbleSeats have a foam bumper bar across the middle for the child to hold
- The 2015 CRUZ strollers have model number 0181 and the serial number printed on a sticker with a barcode on the lower right frame of the stroller.
- The products were sold at Buy Buy Baby and other juvenile product retailers nationwide as well as online at Amazon.com from December 2014 through July 2015.
- Retail prices were $500 for the CRUZ stroller, $860 for the VISTA stroller, and $170 for the RumbleSeat.
RECENT MEDICAL MALPRACTICE RESULT
$10.9 MillionExpenses: $175,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $3,200,000.00 | Net to Client: $4,029,762.00 (Purchase of a Lifetime Annuity)
RECENT VEHICLE RECALL RESULT
$30.2 MillionExpenses: $39,576.15 | Attorneys Fees: $10,060,980.00 | Net to Client: $20,121,960.57