USPlabs Recalls OxyElite Pro after Supplement Linked to Liver Disease
USPlabs has issued a voluntary recall for OxyElite Pro following the issuance of a letter from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration linking the supplement to hepatitis and liver failure.
About the OxyElite Pro Recall
- According to an FDA release, USPlabs of Dallas, Texas has agreed to recall their dietary supplement OxyElite Pro following allegations by the FDA that the supplements likely contain adulterated ingredients causing liver illnesses in consumers.
- Of 46 medical reports submitted to the FDA concerning suspicious liver disease cases in Hawaii, it was determined that 27 of the patients had taken OxyElite Pro. Further, 17 of those 27 patients had not taken any supplement other than OxyElite Pro.
- The FDA reports that of the liver disease cases linked to OxyElite Pro, one ended in patient death and another with a liver transplant. More are still awaiting transplant surgery.
- According to the letter, had USPlabs refused to take the appropriate steps to remove OxyElite Pro from the market, the FDA would have intervened through a legal order. This is only the second time since the implementation of the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act that the FDA has sent such a letter.
Product Affected by the OxyElite Pro Recall
- OxyElite Pro Super Thermo capsules
- 2 count capsules (UPC – 094922417275)
- 10 count capsules (UPC – 094922417251)
- 10 count capsules (UPC – 094922417268)
- 21 count capsules (UPC – 094922426604)
- 90 count capsules (UPC – 094922395573)
- 90 count capsules “Pink label” (UPC – 094922447906)
- 180 count capsules (UPC – 094922447852)
- OxyElite Pro Ultra-Intense Thermo capsules
- 3 count capsules (UPC – 094922447883)
- 3 count capsules (UPC – 094922447876)
- 90 count capsules (UPC – 094922395627)
- 180 count capsules (UPC – 094922447869)
- OxyElite Pro Super Thermo Powder
- Fruit Punch 0.15 oz (UPC – 094922417237)
- Fruit Punch 0.15 oz (UPC – 094922447517)
- Fruit Punch 4.6 oz (UPC – 094922426369)
- Fruit Punch 5 oz. (UPC – 094922447487)
- Blue Raspberry 4.6 oz (UPC – 094922426376)
- Grape Bubblegum 4.6 oz (UPC – 094922447500)
- Green Apple 4.6 oz. (UPC – 094922426499)
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective drugs and/or products.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of recalled foods or supplements, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We represent clients/victims all over the country. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.