Value of Volkswagen Vehices Takes a Hit After Scandal
Volkswagen admitted that its diesel cars were fixed to cheat on emissions tests. Because of this, the resale value of their diesel cars has dropped, and Volkswagen owners are left with few options.
Volkswagen Owners at a Loss
Although Volkswagen admitted to cheating on emissions tests a month ago, they have yet to provide information as to how owners of these vehicles will be compensated. Owners are forced to wait for the company to begin resolving the issues in the vehicles.
In the meantime, the Volkswagen brand has taken a hit. According to Reuters, the prices of the diesel cars are falling and there has been a drop in searches online for Volkswagen diesel cars.
At the moment, both car dealers and owners are forced to wait until Volkswagen resolves the issue. No recalls have been issued.
Vehicles Affected by Volkswagen Emissions Scandal
The following vehicles were equipped with the emissions cheating software:
- 2009-2015 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
- 2009-2014 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI
- 2012-2015 Volkswagen Beetle TDI
- 2012-2015 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible TDI
- 2010-2015 Audi A3 TDI
- 2010-2015 Volkswagen Golf TDI
- 2015 Volkswagen Golf SportWagen TDI
- 2012-2015 Volkswagen Passat TDI