Voluntary Recall of Cubicin – Presence of Particulate Matter Detected
Cubist Pharmaceuticals, Inc. has issued a voluntary recall of four lots of Cubicin single use vials due to detected presence of glass particulate matter during testing.
About the Cubicin Recall
- According to the FDA, four lots of Cubicin have been linked to contamination of glass particulate.
- Glass particulates pose a potential safety risk to patients. In the past, sequelae of thromboembolism, which includes blood clots, in some cases which may be life-threatening have occured.
- Particulate contamination has been linked to phlebitis, the mechanical block of capillaries and arterioles, activation of platelets, subsequent generation of microthrombi, and emboli.
- Granulomas, a generally unharmful local inflammatory response to foreign matter, have also been linked to glass particulates.
- Patients at increased risk have preexisting trauma or other conditions that affect the microvascular blood supply..
- Customers of Cubist Pharmaceuticals, Inc. are being notified by phone and mail for the return of mentioned products.
- Physicians or healthcare providers should be contacted if any adverse side effects or problems have been experienced due to these preparations.
Lots of Recalled Cubicin Injections Recalled
- Lot# 950453F with an expiration date of 12/06/2013 shipped between 05/31/2011 to 06/27/2011
- Lot# 090203F with an expiration date of 09/07/2014 shipped between 01/12/2012 to 01/23/2012
- Lot# 201703F with an expiration date of 08/31/2015 shipped between 03/04/2013 to 03/07/2013
- Lot# 201653F with an expiration date of 09/01/2015 shipped between 03/12/2013 to 03/18/2013
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of drug and product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division have extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. The Defective Drug and Products Division represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of medical devices and/ or defective pharmaceuticals.
If you or a loved one have been injured by or have developed serious side-effects from the use of defective medications or pharmaceuticals, contact Thomas J. Henry immediately. We represent clients/victims all over the country. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.