Walmart Recalls 120,000 More Trampolines
Sportspower is recalling nearly 120,000 BouncePro trampolines because the protective netting can break, posing a fall hazard to children. This recall is an expansion of the initial May 2012 recall that affected nearly 92,000 trampolines.
5 Injures Related to Recalled Trampolines
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and Sportspower have received nine additional reports of the net breaking since the initial recall in May 2012. Five injuries have been reported, including broken bones, back and neck injuries, and contusions.
The CPSC recommends that consumers stop using the trampolines and contact Sportswear for a replacement enclosure netting.
Description of the Recalled Trampolines
Information below provided by the CPSC:
- The recall involves the Sportspower BouncePro 14’ Trampolines- model TR-1686-TPR.
- The product’s box should have a printing of UPC code 687064045552 or 687064042100.
- A plate on the leg of the trampoline frame has “Sportspower BouncePro 14’” printed on it.
- The enclosure netting that surrounds the perimeter of the trampoline is nearly 6' high.
- The recalled trampolines were sold exclusively at Walmart stores nationwide from February 2009 through March 2011 for about $300.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective drugs and/or products.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of a recalled product, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We represent clients/victims all over the country. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.
RECENT MEDICAL MALPRACTICE RESULT
$10.9 MillionExpenses: $175,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $3,200,000.00 | Net to Client: $4,029,762.00 (Purchase of a Lifetime Annuity)
RECENT VEHICLE RECALL RESULT
$30.2 MillionExpenses: $39,576.15 | Attorneys Fees: $10,060,980.00 | Net to Client: $20,121,960.57