Walmart Recalls 300,000 Griddles – Shock Hazard
Nearly 300,000 griddles are being recalled by Walmart, according to WBALTV 11 News based out of Baltimore, Maryland.
About the Walmart Griddle Recall
The griddles are made by Rival and sold at Walmart stores. According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), the heating element in the Rival griddles may crack, causing water to seep inside which poses a potential shock hazard when the griddle is in use or is plugged into an electrical outlet.
How to Identify the Recalled Walmart Griddles
- The recalled Rival griddles are black and are roughly 20 inches long and 10.5 inches wide.
- The griddles have the model number XJ – 14207 and have the word “Walmart” printed on them which can be found on a label on the bottom of the griddle.
- The word “Rival” is printed on both the outside edge of the griddle as well as on the temperature adjustment dial.
- The griddles were sold at Walmart storefronts around the United States as well as online at walmart.com from July 2015 through December of the same year for about $20 each.
- Consumers are urged to immediately unplug the griddles from the outlet and return the recalled griddles to any Walmart location for a full refund.