Winn-Dixie Sprouts Recalled- Salmonella
Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc. is voluntarily recalling all LEASA brand sprouts due to a potential Salmonella contamination. According to the FDA, a Salmonella infection can be fatal to children, elderly people, or those with compromised immune systems.
Description of Recalled Sprouts
- Sprouts were sold at Winn-Dixie stores between Jan. 7, 2012, and Jan. 18, 2012, and have expiration dates between Feb. 1, 2012, and March 15, 2012.
- Living Alfalfa Sprouts were sold in a 6 oz. package marked with a UPC code of 7546555912.
- Broccoli Sprouts were sold in a 4 oz. package marked with a UPC code of 7546555636.
- Gourmet Sprouts were sold in a 6 oz. package marked with a UPC code of 7546555633.
- Spicy Sprouts were sold in a 6 oz. package marked with a UPC code of 7546555635.
- Onion Sprouts were sold in a 6 oz. package marked with a UPC code of 7546555634.
About the Sprouts Recall
In the official recall notice, Mary Kellmanson, vice president of marketing for Winn-Dixie, said that while only the LEASA Living Alfalfa Sprouts were subject to the mandatory recall, Winn-Dixie is voluntarily recalling all LEASA branded sprouts (listed above) due to a risk of exposure.
Consumers in possession of LEASA brand sprouts should put the recalled sprouts into a sealed container and discard immediately. A full refund may be granted at any Winn-Dixie store with proof of purchase. Consumers with questions may contact the Winn-Dixie Guest Service Center.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of any recalled foods and/or products, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.
RECENT MEDICAL MALPRACTICE RESULT
$10.9 MillionExpenses: $175,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $3,200,000.00 | Net to Client: $4,029,762.00 (Purchase of a Lifetime Annuity)
RECENT VEHICLE RECALL RESULT
$30.2 MillionExpenses: $39,576.15 | Attorneys Fees: $10,060,980.00 | Net to Client: $20,121,960.57