Attorney at Thomas J. Henry Law's Austin Office
Ms. Janice Spencer was raised in Jamaica and has lived in several other countries, including Barbados and the British Virgin Islands. She received her bachelor’s degree from the University of the West Indies and her Legal Education Certificate from the Norman Manley Law School in Jamaica. She then moved to the United States where she received her LL.M. in American Business Law from Tulane Law School.
Prior to joining Thomas J. Henry Law, Ms. Spencer worked in a variety of esteemed law firms, including an international offshore law firm, where she focused primarily on corporate and commercial matters. She also served as the legal officer for the Jamaica Taxpayer Appeals Department and as a prosecutor at a magistrates court in Jamaica.
Before her work as an attorney, Ms. Spencer pursued teaching, where she taught World History, Language Arts/Literature, and A-Level Law. This experience gave her a deep understanding of the educational system and the importance of clear and concise communication. She now uses these skills in her legal practice to help her clients understand their legal rights and options.
Outside of work, Ms. Spencer enjoys spending time with her family and pursuing her hobbies, which include gardening, decorating, and volunteering at her church and in her community.
- Automobile Accidents
- Company Vehicle Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Trucking Accidents
- Workplace Accidents
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Louisiana
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- The Jamaican Bar Association
- The British Virgin Islands Bar Association
- Tulane Law School, New Orleans, Louisiana (LL.M. )
- Manley Law School, Kingston, Jamaica (LEC)
- Principal’s Honor Roll
- The Michael March Memorial Prize for the Law of Remedies
- The Arthur Schoenfeld Memorial Prize for the Law of Succession
- The Bruce B. Barker Memorial Prize for Civil Procedure and Practice II
- The Beresford Hay Prize for the Law of Succession
- The Grant, Stewart, Phillips & Co. Prize for outstanding performance in Civil Procedure and Practice
- University of the West Indies, Cave Hill Campus, Barbados (LL.B.)
- University of the West Indies, Kingston, Jamaica, (B.A.)