Austin Personal Injury Attorneys Handling a Broad Scope of Practice Area
At our Austin law office, we handle cases concerning all of our legal practice areas, including:
Austin 18-Wheler Accident Lawyers – Serving as a major transportation hub for Texas, it is not uncommon to see 18-wheeler traveling along Interstate 35 in Austin. Unfortunately, when you combine 18-wheelers and heavy traffic like that in Austin, accidents are bound to happen. Thomas J. Henry Law has represented victims of 18-wheeler accidents in Austin for more than 25 years. If you’ve been injured by an 18-wheeler, we are here to help.
Austin Car Accident Lawyers – 78 people were killed in car accidents in Austin, Texas in 2017. Another 4,000 people were injured. Whether your crash occurred on a congested highway like Interstate 35, MoPac Expressway, US 290, or Highway 183 or at a dangerous intersection like those of found along Trinity Street, Lamar Boulevard, 7th Street, Riverside Drive, Butler Road, and Parmer Lane, our experienced Austin car accident lawyers are ready to help you.
Austin Company Vehicle Accident Lawyers – Company vehicle accidents can involve vehicles of all makes, models, shapes, and sizes. This includes dump trucks, garbage trucks, vehicle transporters, transit buses, school buses, utility vehicles, construction vehicles, and Uber and Lyft vehicles. Company vehicle accidents present unique liability issues as multiple parties can be held responsible for your injuries, including the driver and their employer. Thomas J. Henry Law has represented clients injured in Austin company vehicle accidents for more than 25 years. We have the experience and the resources to handle your case aggressively and effectively.
Austin Medical Malpractice Lawyers – Austin is home to some of the largest and most distinguished hospitals in Texas, including St. David’s Medical Center, Seton Medical Center Austin, and Dell Children’s Medical Center. While the vast majority of healthcare professionals are knowledgeable, experienced, and have their patients’ safety and health at top of mind, medical errors do occur. In fact, 24.4 per 1,000 Texas residents are victims of medical malpractice. At Thomas J. Henry Law, our Austin medical malpractice lawyers understand how upsetting it can be to suffer harm at your physician’s hands. If you are a victim of malpractice, don’t hesitate to call our Austin medical malpractice attorneys for a free consultation.
Austin Motorcycle Accidents Lawyers – Fatal motorcycle accidents are common on the Texas roadways, and Austin is no exception when it comes to these types of crashes. In 2017, Texas surpassed 500 motorcyclist fatalities for the second year in a row. Injuries sustained in motorcycle accidents tend to be severe in nature, often requiring surgeries as well as years of treatment and physical therapy. In addition to physical hardships, medical bills and time off of work can place financial burdens on you and your family. Let our Austin motorcycle accident attorneys assist you with the legal process and help you get back on your feet.
Austin Premises Liability Lawyers – The concept of premises liability involves an injury caused by a dangerous, unsafe, or defective condition on a property. These types of cases can be difficult to navigate on your own, so it is important to reach out to a local Austin premises liability lawyer to assist with your claim. Whether your injuries were the result of a slip and fall accident, negligent security, or a dog or animal bite, our Austin premises liability lawyers have the expertise to help you recover the compensation you deserve.
Austin Truck Accident Lawyers – The Austin-Round Rock metro area includes five counties – all of which see a large amount of commercial truck activity and accidents. In 2017, across the five-county metro area (including Bastrop, Caldwell, Hays, Travis, and Williamson counties), there were more than 1,400 crashes involving commercial motor vehicles, resulting in hundreds of injuries. Due to the massive size differential between commercial trucks and passenger vehicles, oftentimes the injuries sustained in trucking accidents are severe in nature, including spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, and even death. As a victim of a semi-truck crash, you have rights that need to be protected. At Thomas J. Henry Law, our experienced Austin truck accident lawyers have the power to do just that.
Austin Workplace Injury Lawyers – As an employee, you should not have to carry the fear of being injured while on the job. You have a right to expect that your employer is providing you with the safest workplace environment possible. Our Austin workplace injury attorneys fight to protect the rights of injured workers and help them recover after devastating work-related injuries. If you were injured on the job by a defective product or piece of equipment, or if your employer has failed to prioritize the safety of its employees, call Thomas J. Henry immediately for assistance.
Austin Wrongful Death Lawyers – Instances of wrongful death can occur without warning, and the effect is always catastrophic. If you have lost a loved one to an accident in Austin, please do not think you have to deal with the outcome alone. Our Austin wrongful death attorneys will deal with the legal aspects and the insurance company so that you can focus on yourself and your family.
A Personal Injury Attorney in Austin to Help You Every Step of the Way
When you choose Thomas J. Henry Law to represent you in your personal injury claim, our attorneys will take immediate action to protect your rights and build your claim to compensation. Further, you will have a licensed Austin injury lawyer dedicated to your case and providing updates and advice through every step of the personal injury claims process. As you move forward with your Austin personal injury case, here are a few things you can expect.
- Initial Consultation: Thomas J. Henry Law offers FREE case reviews to all injured clients. During this initial consultation, a licensed attorney will review your injury claim and the circumstances surrounding your accident or injury in order to provide you with a full understanding of your legal options and the steps available to you. If you decide to pursue your claim with Thomas J. Henry Law, your attorney will begin the process of securing evidence, witness testimony, and filing your claim.
- Initial Petition or Complaint: After gathering the necessary evidence and information of your case, your lawyer will file an initial petition with the appropriate court. The document lays out the essential facts of your case, including the events that led to your accident or injury and the damages you suffered as a result. The complaint will also name you as the Plaintiff of your case and the person, people, or entities responsible for your injury as the Defendant(s).
- Serve Notice to the Appropriate Parties: As soon as the initial petition is received by the appropriate court, it will be time to notify the parties involved in the lawsuit. This process is referred to as “serving” the defendant and involves physically delivering a copy of the complaint to the appropriate parties in a way that can be verified, thus ensuring that the defendant cannot later claim they were unaware of the lawsuit. If your case involves multiple defendants, each defendant will need to be notified separately even if they share a residence.
- Defendant Response: Once served, the defendant will have a short period to find and hire a defense attorney before his or her first court date. If insurance applies to your case, such as a car accident claim, the defendant is required by law to notify their insurer. The insurance company will appoint and pay for the defendant’s lawyer if he or she has not already hired one. The defendant will also need to respond to the claims made in your initial petition in the form of a Defendant’s Response. Failure to do so may result in you being awarded a default summary judgment, winning your Austin personal injury case then and there.
- Discovery: If your case moves beyond the defendant response stage, you will move into the discovery process. Discovery is an opportunity for your attorney and the defendant’s attorney to exchange evidence and witness information. This can include medical records, corporate and insurance communications, police reports, and witness statements. Your attorney will also issue a request for admission and conducting depositions as they proceed with your claim.
- Pre-Trial and Settlement Negotiations: With all the facts and evidence in place, settlement negotiations will pick up. This is the phase in which most personal injury cases are resolved, either in the form of a settlement agreement or through mediation or arbitration. As they negotiate, your Austin injury attorney will also be prepping your case for trial and developing a courtroom strategy. This ensures that you will not be pressured into a lowball settlement and will be prepared to pursue your case to verdict if necessary.
- Trial and Verdict: If a reasonable settlement cannot be agreed upon, your case will move onto the trial phase. This is where you really need an attorney who is familiar with the entire personal injury lawsuit process. Thomas J. Henry Law has Austin injuries with extensive courtroom experience. They will be prepared, comfortable, and confident arguing your claim before judge or jury, putting you in the best position to secure maximum recovery. Our firm’s reputation of securing record-breaking verdicts is no accident, we prepare winning strategies and treat every case as though it will go to trial. This means defendants may be more likely to settle out of court, saving your time and stress.
Choosing the Right Austin Injury Lawyer to Represent You
One of the most important decisions you can make following an injury or accident is selecting an injury attorney to represent your claim. Not every personal injury attorney can offer equal representation, and many lack the experience and resources necessary to take on larger companies, insurers, and defendants. Others may lack trial experience resulting in them taking a low settlement offer or, worse, they may take your case to trial and lose.
Thomas J. Henry Law has represented injured clients since 1993. We have secured record-breaking settlements and verdicts for our clients and have built a reputation as a firm that can successfully litigate against the largest defendants in the world, including Fortune 500 and 100 companies. With a team of more than 200 experienced lawyers and 350 supporting staff members, clients can rest assured that there is always someone working on their claim.
Our ability to win complex litigation combined with our commitment to client satisfaction has led to national recognition, including articles in Forbes and Businessweek. Our founder, Thomas J. Henry, is a member of the Million and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum and is a lifetime member of Rue Ratings’ Best Attorneys of America. In 2021, Expertise recognized Thomas J. Henry as one of the Best Personal Injury Attorneys in Austin.
We are a firm that gets results and with our No Fee Guarantee, our clients pay us nothing unless and until we win their claim. This means we are able to help all injured victims, regardless of income. Do not settle for less, contact Thomas J. Henry Law today for your FREE Case Consultation!
Thomas J. Henry Law’s Austin Offices
Thomas J. Henry Law’s Austin personal injury offices are located at 4401 West Gate Blvd. Our offices are conveniently located in the Oak Hill area about two miles from the intersection of Hwy 290 and the MoPac Expy. Our office is wheelchair accessible and can be reached by public transport by using the Cap Metro bus line.