San Antonio Personal Injury Lawyers Handling A Broad Scope Of Practice Areas
At our San Antonio law office, we handle cases concerning all of our legal practice areas, including:
San Antonio 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyers –San Antonio is a major transportation hub, connecting major cities like Austin and Houston to South and West Texas. With Interstate 10, Interstate 35, and Interstate 37 all connecting in the city’s heart, 18-wheeler traffic is to be expected. What is less expected is 18-wheeler accidents. At Thomas J. Henry Law, we have been representing victims of 18-wheeler accidents in San Antonio since 1993. If you have been injured in a crash with an 18-wheeler do not wait and risk your claim to compensation. Call now to speak with an experienced attorney about your case.
San Antonio Car Accident Lawyers – 43,951 car accidents were recorded in San Antonio, Texas in 2017, resulting in 143 deaths and 954 suspected serious injuries. From Interstate 35 to Loop 410, to De Zavala Drive and Wurzbach Street, high-speed highly-congested roadways and continuous construction mean a potentially serious car accident is always moments away. When a crash does occur, make the right choice. Thomas J. Henry’s experienced San Antonio car accident attorneys have been successfully representing injured clients in San Antonio and surrounding areas for more than 25 years. Our attorneys are available 24/7, night, and weekends to assist you.
San Antonio Company Vehicle Accident Lawyers – Company vehicle accidents can involve vehicles of all makes, models, shapes, and sizes. This includes dump trucks, garbage trucks, vehicle transporters, transit buses, school buses, utility vehicles, construction vehicles, and Uber and Lyft vehicles. Company vehicle accidents present unique liability issues as multiple parties can be held responsible for your injuries, including the driver and their employer. Thomas J. Henry Law has represented clients injured in San Antonio company vehicle accidents for more than 25 years. We have the experience and the resources to handle your case aggressively and effectively.
San Antonio Medical Malpractice Lawyers – San Antonio is home to a thriving medical community with some of the best doctors and healthcare professionals Texas has to offer. Major hospitals include University Hospital, Northeast Baptist Hospital, and The Children’s Hospital of San Antonio. While the vast majority of our healthcare providers are knowledgeable, experienced, and have their patients’ safety and health at top of mind, medical errors do occur. In fact, 24.4 per 1,000 Texas residents are victims of medical malpractice. At Thomas J. Henry Law, our San Antonio medical malpractice lawyers understand how upsetting it can be to suffer harm at your physician’s hands. If you suffered injury or illness due to medical malpractice, don’t hesitate to call our San Antonio medical malpractice attorneys for a free consultation.
San Antonio Motorcycle Accident Lawyers – In 2017, Texas surpassed 500 motorcyclist fatalities for the second year in a row. The truth is motorcycles offer less protection than cars and trucks, and they are often less visible to inattentive drivers. Injuries sustained in motorcycle accidents tend to be severe in nature, often requiring surgeries as well as years of treatment and physical therapy. If you’ve been involved in a motorcycle accident, let our San Antonio motorcycle accident attorneys assist you with the legal process and help you get back on your feet and back on your bike.
San Antonio Premises Liability Lawyers – The concept of premises liability involves an injury caused by a dangerous, unsafe, or defective conditions on a property. Premises liability cases are oftentimes complex and require a legal team with vast experience handling these types of claims. They also require resources and the ability to retain experts that can help prove your story. Thomas J. Henry has handled many successful slip and fall cases in San Antonio for more than 25 years. Let our dedicated team of attorneys help you get the compensation you need to cover mounting medical bills and lost wages from missing work.
San Antonio Truck Accident Lawyers – In 2017, TxDOT recorded 2,659 commercial motor vehicle accidents in Bexar County which resulted in 8 deaths and hundreds of injuries. The nature of trucking accidents oftentimes results in serious injuries, including head and back injuries. If you have been injured in a semi-truck accident, it is important to act fast and find an experienced San Antonio trucking accident attorney to evaluate your case. We have successfully litigated against some of the largest corporations in the country, including Fortune 500 and 100 companies.
San Antonio Workplace Injury Lawyers – Many of the top industries in San Antonio are also some of the most dangerous in the country. This includes agriculture, oil and gas extraction, transportation, warehousing, and construction. In these industries, an accident at work can lead to serious, if not fatal, injuries. Employers are obligated to provide a safe environment for workers. Although the industries above are some of the more dangerous; unfortunately, injuries can occur in any work setting. It’s important to reach out to a local workplace injury attorney in San Antonio if you’ve suffered from an injury, no matter how severe. At Thomas J. Henry, our lawyers are available to you whenever you need us. A free legal consultation is only a call or click away.
San Antonio Wrongful Death Lawyers – Wrongful death lawsuits provide families a means to seek compensation for damages they have suffered due to the loss of a loved one. Wrongful death can result from all kinds of accident types and personal injury matters. Our San Antonio attorneys are committed to resolving wrongful death claims and securing compensation for those affected. If you have lost a loved one to an injury or accident, contact our offices now.
An Experienced San Antonio Injury Lawyer with You Every Step of the Way
If you choose to hire Thomas J. Henry Law to represent your claim, you will have a dedicated attorney in San Antonio guiding you through every step of the claim process. Whether your claim is resolved through a settlement agreement or goes to trial, our experienced attorneys have the knowledge and resources to put you in the best position to secure maximum compensation. Here are the steps to expect as you continue through the personal injury claims process.
- Initial Consultation: When you contact Thomas J. Henry Law, the first thing we will do is put you in touch with a licensed personal injury attorney who will review your claim. Initial consultations with Thomas J. Henry Law are always FREE and are meant to help you understand the claims process and the legal options available to you. Our goal is to provide you with the knowledge and power to make an informed decision on how best to pursue your claim. If you choose to hire our firm to represent you, your lawyer will take immediate actions to secure evidence and get your claim moving.
- Initial Petition or Complaint: Once your attorney has gathered the basic facts of your case, he or she will file a petition with the appropriate court. This petition will include information on the accident or injury you suffered, how that accident or injury occurred, and the damages you have suffered as a result of your accident or injury. The petition will also name you as a Plaintiff as well as name the person, people, or entities believed to be responsible for your accident or injury as Defendants.
- Serve Notice to the Appropriate Parties: Once the initial petition is received by the court, the next step is to notify or “serve” the defendant or defendants. This process involves physically delivering a copy of the complaint to the appropriate parties in a way that can be verified, ensuring the defendant or defendants cannot later claim they were unaware of the lawsuit. This is an essential step of the claims process and requires accuracy and attention to detail. Further, if your complaint names multiple defendants, each defendant will need to be served individually even if they share a residence.
- Defendant Response: Once a defendant is served, they are allotted a short period to find and hire an attorney. If insurance applies to your case (i.e. if you were involved in a car accident), the defendant is required to notify the insurance company. In this kind of case, the insurer will actually provide an attorney to the defendant if they have not already hired one. The defendant will also have the opportunity to respond to your initial petition in the form of a Defendant’s Response. Failure to provide a response may result in you being awarded a default judgment, winning your case then and there.
- Discovery: Discovery is a time in which both your attorney and the defense will exchange evidence and witness information. Your San Antonio persona injury attorney may exchange medical records, police reports, communications with insurers, and witness statements. During this time, they may also issue a request for admission from the defendant to resolve your case and conduct depositions as they build your claim.
- Pre-Trial and Settlement Negotiations: After the discovery phase, your claim will enter the pre-trial phase. This is where settlement negotiations really pick up and is the point in the process in which most cases are resolved, either through a settlement agreement, arbitration, or mediation.
- Trial and Verdict: If an appropriate settlement cannot be agreed upon, your case will move to trial. Personal injury trials can be conducted in front of a judge or in front of a jury. This is where you really need an attorney with courtroom experience and confidence in presenting your case. The attorneys at Thomas J. Henry Law have decades of litigation experience and have argued countless cases in courtrooms throughout the nation. We have built a reputation of achieving record-breaking verdicts in judge and jury trials and have dedicated trial staff whose sole purpose is to help your attorney prove your claim to compensation.
Choosing the Right San Antonio Personal Injury Attorney to Represent You
When you are injured in an accident or lose a loved one to negligence, it is essential that you choose a reputable attorney to represent your claim. Thomas J. Henry Law has represented injured clients since 1993, earning a reputation as a firm that secures record-breaking verdicts and settlements for its clients. Our founder, Thomas J. Henry, has received national recognition for his success in the legal industry and his ability to achieve favorable outcomes for his clients.
Thomas J. Henry was named one of the Best San Antonio Lawyers by San Antonio Scene for three consecutive years (2018, 2019, and 2020) and was recognized as the Best Attorney of San Antonio by the San Antonio Current in 2019 and 2020. He is a lifetime member of Rue Ratings’ “Best Attorneys of America” and his firm, Thomas J. Henry Law, was named one of the Top Law Firms of 2020 by Newsweek.com.
Our recipe for success is simple: a clear commitment to client satisfaction fostered by highly skilled attorneys and devoted support staff. Our clients are at the center of every decision made by the firm. We not only want to help you win your case and maximize your financial recovery, but we also want to alleviate your stress and offer you the support you need during your time of need. We will help you with medical appointments, provide transportation, and even advance money on qualified cases all while perusing your claim with dedication and tenacity Thomas J. Henry Law is known for.
Now it is time to let our success work for you. We have the resources and experienced necessary to take on the largest defendants and have successfully litigated against Fortune 500 and 100 companies. Many smaller firms simply do not have the money to fight the long fight when an insurer or defense team attempts to slow play your claim. Defense attorneys will drag their feet until the money runs out and you are left with no other option than accept their lowball settlement. We have the money to go the distance- and when your attorney is known for securing jury verdicts that break national records, insurers and defense attorneys may be deterred from going to trial at all.
Do not wait, see why our firm is the right choice for you by speaking with an attorney during a FREE case consultation. Call now.
Thomas J. Henry Law’s San Antonio Offices
Thomas J. Henry Law serves clients out of our two San Antonio personal injury law offices located at 5710 W Hausman Rd #108 and 5711 University Heights Blvd #101. Both offices are conveniently located on San Antonio’s Northwest Side, about 2.5 miles from University of Texas at San Antonio, and are easily accessible via the McDermott Freeway (I-10) by using either the UTSA Blvd or W Hausman Rd exits. The offices can also be reached by public transport using the VIA Metropolitan Transit bus line. The law offices feature free parking and are handicap accessible.