On This Page
How Thomas J. Henry Law Can Help You
Thomas J. Henry Law is committed to making the personal injury claims process as easy as possible. We understand the toll an unexpected accident or injury has on our clients. From pain to financial struggles, we want to make sure you receive the compensation you need to heal. We also want to take as much stress off your plate as possible.
Our attorneys will handle all aspects of your personal injury lawsuit while keeping you up to date on the progress of your case. From collecting evidence to negotiating with insurers and opposing counsel, we can do what is necessary to successfully resolve your claim. Also, because we work on a contingency fee basis, you don’t pay us anything unless and until we win your case.
We represent clients in San Antonio, Bexar County, and throughout the surrounding areas. Let the personal injury lawyers in San Antonio handle your case while you focus on getting better.
San Antonio Personal Injury Lawyers Handling A Broad Scope Of Practice Areas
Our law firm handles all types of personal injury cases. No matter the cause of your accident or injury, Thomas J. Henry Law has a legal team ready to assist you. This includes:
- San Antonio 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyers –18-wheeler accident lawsuits are complex and demand immediate action. If you were injured in an 18-wheeler accident, do not wait and risk your claim for compensation. Call now to speak with an experienced attorney about your case.
- San Antonio Car Accident Lawyers – Thomas J. Henry’s experienced San Antonio car accident attorneys have been successfully representing injured clients in San Antonio and surrounding areas for more than 25 years. Our attorneys are available 24/7, night, and weekends to assist you.
- San Antonio Company Vehicle Accident Lawyers – Company vehicle accidents can involve vehicles of all makes, models, shapes, and sizes. Whether your crash involved a truck, a bus, a utility vehicle, a construction vehicle, or an Uber or Lyft vehicle, our attorneys can help.
- San Antonio Motorcycle Accident Lawyers – Injuries sustained in motorcycle accidents tend to be severe in nature, often requiring surgeries as well as years of treatment and physical therapy. Let our San Antonio motorcycle accident attorneys assist you with the legal process. We will you get back on your feet and back on your bike.
- San Antonio Premises Liability Lawyers – Premises liability accidents involve injury caused by dangerous, unsafe, or defective conditions on a property. Let our dedicated team of attorneys help you get the compensation you need to cover mounting medical bills and lost wages from missing work.
- San Antonio Truck Accident Lawyers – The nature of trucking accidents oftentimes results in serious injuries, including head and back injuries. If you have been injured in a semi-truck accident, it is important to act fast and find an experienced San Antonio trucking accident attorney to evaluate your case.
- San Antonio Workplace Injury Lawyers – It’s important to reach out to a local workplace injury attorney in San Antonio if you’ve suffered from an injury, no matter how severe. At Thomas J. Henry, our lawyers are available to you whenever you need us. A free legal consultation is only a call or click away.
- San Antonio Wrongful Death Lawyers – Wrongful death lawsuits provide families a means to seek compensation for damages they have suffered due to the loss of a loved one. Our San Antonio attorneys can help resolve your wrongful death claim and get you the money you deserve.
When to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit in San Antonio
Texas law allows individuals injured by someone else’s negligence to seek fair compensation for any losses or damages. To have a personal injury case, you must file a personal injury claim against the at-fault party within the Texas statute of limitation.
If you are unsure about the validity of your claim, call our law firm. One of our attorneys can review the facts of your claim in the form of a FREE Case Review. They can then help you determine the next steps you should take.
Remember, our injury attorneys are here to help. When you hire a personal injury attorney in San Antonio to help you after an accident or injury, you greatly increase the likelihood that you will recover full compensation for the damages you have suffered.
Establishing Negligence in Your Lawsuit
If you want to win your case, you must be able to show that your injury was the result of negligence.
Texas law requires people, companies, and entities to act with a certain standard of care. This means when a person or party fails to behave with the level of care that someone of ordinary prudence would excise under the same circumstances, they are considered negligent. If that negligence causes injury, death, or property damage, then the victim can file a lawsuit.
It is important to remember that negligence can consist of action as well as an omission to act. If a person failed to take reasonable actions that would have prevented your accident or injury, you can sue them for your damages.
How to Win Your San Antonio Personal Injury Case
The injury attorneys at Thomas J. Henry Law will help you demonstrate how the defendant caused your accident and injury and why they should be held liable for the resulting damages. This means:
- Establishing that the defendant owed you a duty of care.
- Showing that the defendant negligently breached that duty of care.
- Explaining how your injuries resulted from the defendant’s actions.
These are the foundations for winning a personal injury case. To meet the above criteria, you will need evidence, detailed records, and witnesses’ statements if available. Thomas J. Henry Law will make sure your case is built in a way that puts you in the best possible position to win your lawsuit.
Recovering the Damages You Deserve
Our law firm is committed to recovering full compensation for our clients. We will explore every avenue to make sure you get compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Expenses related to physical therapy
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Funeral expenses
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Loss of quality of life
- Pain and suffering
Thomas J. Henry Law can also help you secure punitive damages in cases where the defendant acted with gross negligence.
An Experienced Injury Attorney with You Every Step of the Way
If you choose to hire Thomas J. Henry Law to represent your claim, you will have a dedicated attorney in San Antonio guiding you through every step of the claim process. Here are the steps to expect as you continue through the personal injury claims process.
- Initial Consultation: A licensed personal injury attorney who will review your claim and explain your rights. Initial consultations with Thomas J. Henry Law are always FREE and are meant to help you understand the claims process and the legal options available to you.
- Initial Petition or Complaint: Your attorney will file a petition with the appropriate court. This petition will include information on the accident or injury you suffered, how that accident or injury occurred, and the damages you have suffered as a result of your accident or injury.
- Serve Notice to the Appropriate Parties: Thomas J Henry Law will “serve” the defendant. This involves delivering a copy of the complaint to the appropriate parties in a way that can be verified, ensuring the defendant or defendants cannot later claim they were unaware of the lawsuit.
- Defendant Response: The defendant will also have the opportunity to respond to your initial petition in the form of a Defendant’s Response. Failure to provide a response may result in a default judgment, winning your case then and there.
- Discovery: Your San Antonio personal injury attorney will exchange medical records, police reports, communications with insurers, and witness statements. They may also issue a request for admission from the defendant to resolve your case and conduct depositions as they build your claim.
- Pre-Trial and Settlement Negotiations: This is the phase where settlement negotiations really pick up. It is also the phase in which most cases are resolved, either through a settlement agreement, arbitration, or mediation.
- Trial and Verdict: If the defense does not agree to a fair settlement, your case will move to trial. This is where you really need an attorney with courtroom experience and confidence in presenting your case. The attorneys at Thomas J. Henry Law have decades of litigation experience and have argued countless cases in courtrooms throughout the nation.
The Thomas J. Henry No-Fee Promise
We understand that most injury victims do not have the funds to pay for an attorney upfront. We also believe that a client should only pay their attorney if their case is successful. This is why Thomas J. Henry Law offers a no-fee promise.
The promise is simple: you do not pay our law firm unless and until we win your case. There are no upfront retainers or hourly fees. We work your case for you and do not get paid until you do. We can also advance clients money to help with medical costs, transportation, and other expenses on qualified cases.
Thomas J. Henry Law’s San Antonio Offices
Thomas J. Henry Law is available to assist you 24/7, nights and weekends. Our San Antonio personal injury lawyers will meet with you, investigate your case, explain your rights, and help you receive compensation for the damages you have suffered. We serve clients across San Antonio and throughout Bexar County and surrounding communities.
Our San Antonio personal injury law office is located at 5711 University Heights Blvd #101. Our office is conveniently located on San Antonio’s Northwest Side, about 2.5 miles from the University of Texas at San Antonio, and is easily accessible via the McDermott Freeway (I-10) by using either the UTSA Blvd or W Hausman Rd exits.
The office can also be reached by public transport using the VIA Metropolitan Transit bus line. The law office features free parking and is handicap accessible. If you are unable to travel to our office, we can send an attorney to you.