On This Page
Corpus Christi Injury Lawyers Handling A Broad Scope Of Practice Areas
The experienced injury lawyers at our Corpus Christi law offices handle cases concerning all of our legal practice areas, including:
Corpus Christi 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyers – 18-wheeler accidents are an unfortunately common occurrence in Corpus Christi and Nueces County. The forces involved in an 18-wheeler collision means they are likely to result in catastrophic injuries, often leading occupants of smaller passenger vehicles with life-long pain and complications. If you have been involved in an accident involving an 18-wheeler, contact Thomas J. Henry Law immediately. We have 18-wheeler accident lawyers in Corpus Christi who are ready to hear your claim.
Corpus Christi Car Accident Lawyers – In 2017 alone, there were 8,896 car accidents recorded in Corpus Christi resulting in 37 deaths and more than 1,000 injuries. From the Crosstown Expressway to congested intersections along Staples, Everhart, and Weber, a serious car accident is never far away. Fortunately, our experienced Corpus Christi car accident lawyers are ready to respond to your collision, no matter when or where it happened.
Corpus Christi Company Vehicle Accident Lawyers – Company vehicle accidents include those involving vehicles like dump trucks, school buses, city buses, construction vehicles, and Lyft and Uber vehicles. These cases can be particularly complicated due to the extra rules and laws regulating company vehicles and their drivers. If you’ve been involved in a company vehicle accident – do not wait! Speak with a Corpus Christi company vehicle accident lawyer immediately.
Corpus Christi Medical Malpractice Lawyers – Medical errors are among the leading causes of death in the United States. Even when not fatal, medical errors can result in catastrophic injuries and debilitating conditions. Our firm has handled many medical malpractice cases in Corpus Christi and across the state of Texas. We have helped injured victims and their families recover the compensation they need to cover past and future medical bills and lost wages from missed work. Our goal is to provide these victims of medical malpractice with a chance to seek justice and receive the compensation they deserve.
Corpus Christi Motorcycle Accident Lawyers – Fatal motorcycle accidents are common on the Texas roadways, and Corpus Christi is no exception when it comes to these types of crashes. In 2017, Texas surpassed 500 motorcyclist fatalities for the second year in a row. Injuries sustained in motorcycle accidents tend to be severe in nature, often requiring surgeries as well as years of treatment and physical therapy. In addition to physical hardships, medical bills and time off of work can place financial burdens on you and your family. Let our Corpus Christi motorcycle accident attorneys assist you with the legal process and help you get back on your feet.
Corpus Christi Premises Liability Lawyers – The concept of premises liability involves an injury caused by a dangerous, unsafe, or defective condition on a property. Premises liability cases are oftentimes complex and require a legal team with vast experience handling these types of claims. They also require resources and the ability to retain experts that can help prove your story. Thomas J. Henry has handled many successful slip and fall cases in Corpus Christi for more than 25 years. Let our dedicated team of attorneys help you get the compensation you need to cover mounting medical bills and lost wages from missing work.
Corpus Christi Truck Accident Lawyers – According to the Texas Department of Transportation, in Nueces County, including Corpus Christi, there were 388 accidents involving commercial motor vehicles in 2017 alone. Approximately 140 injuries and five deaths resulted from these wrecks. The nature of trucking accidents oftentimes results in serious injuries, including head and back injuries. If you have been injured in a semi-truck accident, it is important to act fast and find an experienced Corpus Christi trucking accident attorney to evaluate your case.
Corpus Christi Workplace Injury Lawyers – Many of the top industries in Corpus Christi are also some of the most dangerous in the country. This includes agriculture, oil and gas extraction, transportation, warehousing, and construction. In these industries, an accident at work can lead to serious, if not fatal, injuries. Employers are obligated to provide a safe environment for workers. Although the industries above are some of the more dangerous, injuries can occur in any work setting. It’s important to reach out to a local workplace injury attorney in Corpus Christi if you’ve suffered from an injury, no matter how severe. At Thomas J. Henry, our lawyers are available to you whenever you need us. A free legal consultation is only a call or click away.
Corpus Christi Wrongful Death Lawyers – When an accident or injury results in death, the toll is nearly unbearable for the family involved. At Thomas J. Henry Law, we want to do everything we can to help ensure every family who loses a loved one to negligence at least receives the financial compensation necessary to secure their future. At the very least, this will allow the family members to focus on themselves and their emotional recovery.
A Corpus Christi Attorney to Walk You Through the Personal Injury Process
Our attorneys have represented countless clients from Corpus Christi and surrounding cities, counties, and communities. If you choose to hire Thomas J. Henry Law to represent your case, you can rest assured that you will an experienced attorney in Corpus Christi by your side throughout the personal injury process. Here is what you can expect as Thomas J. Henry Law pursues your claim.
- Initial Consultation: You will meet with a licensed Corpus Christi personal injury attorney who will conduct a FREE review of your case and inform you of the options available to you. If you wish to proceed with our firm, your attorney will get the necessary paperwork in order and further investigation of your accident and injuries will begin immediately.
- Initial Petition or Complaint: Your attorney will file a petition or complaint in the appropriate court laying out the essential facts of your case. This may include information on the accident or happening that preceded your injury as well as the damages that you suffered as a result of your accident or injury. The filing will name you as a Plaintiff and the person or party alleged to be responsible for your injury as the Defendant.
- Serve Notice to the Appropriate Parties: Once the initial petition is filed, a copy of the complaint will be “served” to the defendants or defendants. Serving a complaint involves physically delivering the complaint to the appropriate parties in a way that can be verified, thus ensuring that the defendant cannot later claim they were unaware of the lawsuit. If your lawsuit has multiple defendants, each defendant must be served individually even if they share a residence
- Defendant Responds: Once served, the defendant will typically be allowed a few weeks to find an attorney before his or her first court date. If insurance applies to your claim, the defendant will be required to notify the insurance company as soon as he or she becomes aware of the lawsuit. In this situation, the insurance company will appoint and pay for a lawyer if the defendant has not already hired one. The defendant will also have the opportunity to respond to the claims made in your initial petition in the form of a Defendant’s Response. If there is not an official response, you may be awarded a default judgment winning your Corpus Christi personal injury claim then and there.
- Discovery: Discovery is an opportunity for both sides to ask one another for evidence and witness information. This can include exchanging medical records, corporate communications, police reports, and witness statements as well as your attorney issuing a request for admission and conducting depositions.
- Pre-Trial and Settlement Negotiations: At this point, with all the facts and evidence of your case in place, your injury lawyer will move to the pre-trial phase. During this process, your attorney continues prepping your case for trial and developing a courtroom strategy. At the same time, they will be negotiating with the defense and discussing alternatives to trial. It is during this phase that the vast majority of personal injury cases are resolved, either through a settlement agreement, arbitration, or entering into mediation.
- Trial and Verdict: In the event that a settlement offer is not agreed to, your case will move onto a trial. This can be a judge trial or a jury trial. A trial can be intimidating, but fortunately, the attorneys at Thomas J. Henry Law have decades of courtroom experience and have built a reputation as a firm that secures record-breaking verdicts in front of judges and juries. Our courtroom success comes from the fact that we never consider trial to be off the table and treat every case as though it will be presented to a judge or jury. From the inception of your case, we are actively preparing your claim for the courtroom so you are in the best possible position to win your case.
Choose the Right Corpus Christi Personal Injury Attorney for Your Case
If you have been injured or have lost a loved one to an accident, you must hire a competent attorney who can protect your rights and the rights of your family. Since 1993, Thomas J. Henry Law has successfully represented clients involved in all manner of personal injury matters and has built a reputation for winning record-breaking verdicts and settlements against some of the largest companies in the world. Our commitment to our clients means we always put their best interests and their financial recovery at the center of every decision.
It is no wonder that Thomas J. Henry Law has been recognized nationwide for its efforts to help injured victims and its ability to win personal injury cases. In 2019, Newsweek.com recognized Thomas J. Henry Law as one of the nation’s Premier Law Firms. In 2021, Thomas J. Henry was named one of the Best Personal Injury Attorneys in Corpus Christi by Expertise.
Thomas J. Henry has used this success to the benefit of his clients, re-investing his finances and his reputation back into clients’ cases. Unlike smaller, less successful firms, we have the money to fight the long fight when an insurer or company wants to slowplay your claim. We have the resources, attorneys in Corpus Christi, and staff needed to successfully represent your case and to take on any defendant. Even the Thomas J. Henry name can be an asset in a personal injury case. When you have a history of achieving record-breaking verdicts for clients, defense firms take note and may even be discouraged from taking a case to trial.
Now it’s time to let our lawyers in Corpus Christi work for you. Contact Thomas J. Henry Law today for your FREE case consultation and see for yourself what sets our firm apart.
Thomas J. Henry Law’s Corpus Christi Offices
Thomas J. Henry Law has two law offices located in downtown Corpus Christi, Texas so our lawyers can serve our clients’ needs.
Our primary Corpus Christi Law Office is located at 521 Starr St. Originally built in 1915, the historical building served as the city’s Federal Courthouse Building as well as a U.S. Customs House before being vacated by the federal government in 2002 upon the completion of Corpus Christi’s new Federal Courthouse Building along Shoreline Boulevard. Thomas J. Henry purchased the property and has worked diligently to renovate and renew the building while staying true to its Classic Revival Architecture. The location offers free on-site parking with additional paid street parking available.
Thomas J. Henry Law also has offices at Wilson Plaza (606 N Carancahua) with space on the high-rise’s 12th and 17th floors. Wilson Plaza is easily located at the intersection of North Carancahua St and Leopard St. next to Corpus Christi Cathedral.
Both locations are reachable by public transit through the Corpus Christi Regional Transportation Authority bus line and are wheelchair accessible with ramps, elevators, and wheelchair-accessible restrooms.