Attorney at Thomas J. Henry Law’s Austin Office
Louis S. Hakim was born and raised in Akron, Ohio. He is a 1996 graduate of DePauw University in Greencastle, Indiana, where he earned a Bachelor of Arts degree, double-majoring in Philosophy and Political Science. While at DePauw University, he earned four varsity letters in men’s tennis and was named an NCAA All-American in 1996.
Mr. Hakim went on to law school, graduating in 1999 from Southern Methodist University School of Law in Dallas, TX. He is a member of the Phi Delta Phi legal honor society, is a published author in the University of Virginia Journal of Sports & the Law, was a contributor to Shuman’s Psychiatric & Psychological Evidence, and was an invited speaker at a national academic symposium hosted by Suffolk University Law School in Boston, Massachusetts. He also served as a designated peer-reviewer for articles seeking publication in the American Association for Justice’s Trial magazine publication.
Mr. Hakim’s legal career has been exclusively devoted to personal injury and wrongful death cases, including trucking and motor vehicle collisions, construction injuries, medical malpractice, premises liability, worksite and employment injuries, and general negligence cases since 2001. He is a trial lawyer with experience as lead and assistant trial counsel over the course of his entire career. He has represented people and their families all over the country, handling cases across Texas as well as in Indiana, Illinois, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Georgia, and Alabama.
Mr. Hakim enjoys the process of helping preserve the rights of individuals through our civil justice system. He has a drive to be the best professional he can be to serve the clients and obtain full value for them in every case he handles. He understands every client is a human being, not a claim number. He comes to work prepared to battle in support of the client’s case.
In support of the civil justice system, Mr. Hakim has been actively involved in both local and national trial lawyers’ associations. He has been a member of the Dallas Trial Lawyers Association (2001-present), Dallas Bar Association (2000-2022), Dallas Association of Young Lawyers (2000-2010), Texas Trial Lawyers Association (2001-2018), and the American Association of Justice (formerly known as the Association of Trial Lawyers of America) (2007-2018). Mr. Hakim served on the Board of Governors for the New Lawyers Division of the American Association of Justice and occupied positions on that Association’s Publications Committee, Law Schools Committee, and Diversity Task Force.
- Automobile Accidents
- Company Vehicle Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Trucking Accidents
- Workplace Accidents
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Arkansas
MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES
- Dallas Trial Lawyers Association (2001- present)
- Dallas Bar Association (2000- 2022)
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers (2001-2010)
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association (2001-2018)
- American Association for Justice (2007- 2018)
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, Dallas, Texas (J.D.)
- DePauw University, Greencastle, Indiana (B.A.)