Attorney at Thomas J. Henry Law's Dallas Office
Mr. Richard Harrison was born in Jamaica and raised in Jamaica and the Cayman Islands. He holds a Bachelor of Science Degree from Temple University in Mechanical Engineering, where he was the President and Finance Chair of the National Society of Black Engineers, Vice President of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers and Vice President of the Society of Manufacturing Engineers. After briefly working as a Mechanical Engineer for the Engineering firm of Edward B O’Reilly & Associates, Mr. Harrison moved to California where he attended the University of La Verne and received his Master’s in Public Administration. He then moved to Louisiana, where he attended the Southern University Law Center and received his Juris Doctor.
During Law School, Mr. Harrison was the Symposium Editor on Vol 3 of the Journal of Race, Gender, and Poverty. He authored and published on the Journal’s 3rd Symposium on Juvenile Sex Offenders. Mr. Harrison is the founder of the Southern University Trial Advocacy Board. He participated in the Student Bar Association as the chair of the Grade Appeals committee and was a Research Assistant to Professor Stanley Halpin. Mr. Harrison zealously represented indigents as a Student Attorney, in the Tax, Elderly Law, and Mediation Clinics. He was also a contributor to the Law School’s Newspaper, the Public Defender.
Mr. Harrison was a Judicial Intern for the Honorable Diana Saldana, of the United States District Court, for the Southern District of Texas, and a Law Clerk for the Honorable Regina Borrow, chairperson of the Louisiana Legislative Black Caucus. He also was a Law Clerk at the Louisiana Attorney General Criminal Division and the New Orleans’s City Attorney’s Office.
Prior to working at Thomas J Henry, Mr. Harrison was the Associate Attorney for the Law Office of Ruben Franco Jr PLLC in Houston, where he represented clients in all areas of Civil, Criminal, Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury, Family Law, and Immigration Law. He has first-chair trial experience in county courts and has authored numerous legal briefs. His strategic approach to trial has rendered favorable verdicts for his clients.
Mr. Harrison is admitted to the Texas State Bar and is also licensed to practice in the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Northern, Southern, and Western Districts of Texas. He is also licensed to practice before the U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit. In addition to his license in Texas, Mr. Harrison is licensed in the District of Columbia, Massachusetts, Maryland, New Jersey, and Washington State, and he received training from the Federal Mediation & Conciliation Service as a Certified Mediator.
In his spare time, Mr. Harrison enjoys traveling, and has traveled to 20 countries, thus far. He especially loves traveling to Asia.
- Automobile Accidents
- Company Vehicle Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Trucking Accidents
- Workplace Accidents
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Maryland
- State Bar of Massachusettes
- State Bar of New Jersey
- District of Columbia Bar
- State Bar of Washington
- U.S. District Court of the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court of the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court of the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court of the Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court of the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court of the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court of the District of New Jersey
- Southern University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana (J.D.)
- Founder of the Southern University Trial Advocacy Board
- Symposium Editor for the Journal of Race, Gender & Poverty Vol. 3
- Chair Person of the Grade Appeals Committee
- Research Assistant to Prof. Stanley Halpin
- University of La Verne, La Verne, California (M.P.A.)
- Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (B.S.)
- Dean’s List
- President & Finance Chair of the National Society of Black Engineers
- Vice President of the National Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Vice President of the Society of Manufacturing Engineers
THOMAS J. HENRY LAW – DALLAS
Mr. Harrison and our team of Dallas injury attorneys are located at 6031 Connection Dr #900, Irving, Texas 75039. We provide free walk-in case consultations Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 6:00pm. To start a consultation over the phone or to speak with your attorney, call 214-646-3953.