Clinical Drug Trial Lawsuits
Serving Clients Nationwide From Our Texas Offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, and Austin
Clinical trials are controlled studies, conducted under FDA regulations, to test the efficacy and effects of new drugs, medical devices, or procedures before they are released for clinical use. While most trials are carried out ethically, with patient safety in mind, even the most well-intentioned trials may result in serious side effects, patient injury, and even death. These damages may be the result of negligence, malpractice, patient confusion, or the intentional withholding of information.
Contact Us for a Free Case Review
Clinical Trials Can Pose Serious Risks to Volunteers
Clinical trials are meant to ensure that a product or treatment is both effective and safe to use. However, during the course of a trial, participants can be severely injured and lawsuits can arise out of negligent medical treatment, lack of informed patient consent, or a number of other factors including:
- The new treatment being tested may not be as effective or as safe as existing treatments.
- Drugs and medical devices in clinical trials may carry unexpected side effects.
- These side effects may be occasional aches and pains or may result in serious adverse events including renal injury, cardiovascular complications, and even death.
- As the clinical trials progress, drugs may be combined with other medications and dosages may be increased, resulting in increased risks.
- Insurance and health care providers may not cover the costs of patient care during a clinical trial or injuries and side effects that may result from a clinical trial.
If you Were injured in a Clinical Trial Ask Yourself the Following Questions
If you have been involved in a clinical trial and have suffered injury or illness, ask yourself the following questions:
- Did you understand all of the enrollment paperwork you signed?
- Were you confused by the consent forms?
- Did you have lingering questions about side effects?
- Did your doctor fail to explain all the possible outcomes of the trial?
- Were you told you had a problem and then told something different by another doctor?
- Were you referred to several doctors during your initial treatment and/or after the trial?
Injured in a Clinical Trial? It May be Time to Contact an Attorney
If you or a loved one has participated in a clinical trial that has led to injury or wrongful death, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact Thomas J. Henry today for more information and a thorough case review.