19-Year-Old Man Killed in Car Accident in Temple, Texas
On Tuesday evening a 19-year-old man from Belton died in a three-vehicle accident, in Temple, Texas, according to KXXV News.
About the Fatal Temple Crash
The accident happened around 9:40 p.m. on I-35 south near Midway Rd. A man, indentified as Victor Tabullo, was driving a Mazda pickup when he attempted to change lanes, colliding against a Nissan SUV carrying four people. The driver of the SUV was able to maintain control of the vehicle; however, Tabullo’s pickup spun and hit the back of an 18-wheeler that had stopped on the shoulder of the road.
Emergency responders transported Tabullo to Scott & White Hospital where he later died from injuries sustained in the crash. Occupants of both the SUV and tractor-trailer did not sustain serious injuries in the accident.
U.S. Motor Vehicle Accident Statistics
The following statistics are provided by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- 33,561 people died in motor vehicle accidents in 2012, representing a 3.3% increase from 2011 to 2012.
- Injury rates due to car accidents increased 6.7% from 2011 to 2012.
- Accidents due to alcohol influence accounedt for 31% of total motor vehicle fatalities in 2012.
- From 2011 to 2012 there was a 3.7% increase in car accidents involving large trucks.
- In 2012, 14.13% of motor vehicle fatalities involved pedestrians.
- Motor vehicle fatalities in intersections increased by 5.4% from 2011 to 2012.