2 Adults, Baby Hospitalized Following West Side San Antonio Crash
Two adults and a 1-year-old baby were hospitalized Friday night after a two-vehicle crash on San Antonio’s West Side.
Details of the Fatal San Antonio Crash
According to KSAT, the crash occurred near the intersection of 35th Street and Amires Place just after 8:30 pm.
A preliminary investigation suggests an SUV ran a stop sign and collided with a pickup truck.
All occupants of the pickup truck, two adults and a 1-year-old, were rushed to University Hospital. The baby was listed in serious condition.
The driver of the SUV was detained and evaluated for DWI.
2019 Texas Drunk Driving Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,623 people were killed in car accidents in Texas in 2019, a .09% decrease from 2018.
- 735 people were killed in crashes that occurred at or in relation to an intersection.
- 914 people were killed in crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol.
- An additional 256,797 people were injured in car crashes in Texas with 15,855 people suffering serious injuries.
- Based on reportable data for 2019:
- 1 person was killed in a crash in Texas every 2 hours 25 minutes.
- 1 person was injured every 2 minutes 3 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 56 seconds.
Injured in a Car Crash? Call an Experienced San Antonio Injury Attorney
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash in San Antonio, call Thomas J. Henry Law now. Our injury attorneys have the experience and resources to handle your claim and help you pursue maximum compensation.
Thomas J. Henry Law works on a contingency fee basis which means you pay us nothing unless and until we win your claim. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends. If you are unable to travel to one of our offices, we can send an attorney directly to you.