8 Students, 2 Adults Hospitalized After Dallas Crash
Eight children and two adults were injured Thursday morning after a crash involving a school van in Dallas, Texas.
Details of the Dallas School Van Crash
NBC-DFW reports the collision occurred around 8:10 am near the intersection of Midway Road and Boca Bay Drive. Police say a car crashed into an unmarked passenger vehicle, panning the van against a utility pole.
The van was reportedly transporting students to school. Eight students in the van were hospitalized along with the drivers of both vehicles.
The cause of the accident is unclear, and the ages of the students involved or what school they attend were not released.
The crash remains under investigation.
2020 Texas Traffic Accident Statistics
Despite the pandemic and reduced traffic, 2020 still proved to be a deadly year for Texas drivers. According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,896 people were killed in car crashes in Texas in 2020. A 7.54% increase from 2019.
- The fatality rate on Texas roadways increased a staggering 18.94% from 2019 to 2020
- 538 of those deaths were the result of head-on collisions.
- 865 people were killed in crashes that occurred at or near intersections.
- An additional 205,489 people were injured in traffic crashes in Texas in 2020 with 14,656 people suffering incapacitating injuries.
- Based on reportable data for 2020, TxDOT determined:
- One person was killed in a car crash in Texas every 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- A person was injured in a crash every 2 minutes and 34 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 1 minute and 7 seconds.
Speak to an Experienced Dallas Auto Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one were involved in a car accident in or around Dallas, call Thomas J. Henry Law for assistance.
Since 1993, our law firm has worked to secure justice and fair compensation for injured victims across Texas. We have since become the largest personal injury plaintiff’s firm in Texas, employing a team of more than 250 attorneys.
Call now for your free case review with a qualified Dallas car accident lawyer. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.