BRP has announced a recall of their side-by-side off-road vehicles due to loss of steering control and crash hazard. The steering rack and pinion assembly in each vehicle can have an improper amount of grease which increases the risks of crashing and injury.
Incidents and Injuries Reported
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), the firm has received 33 incident reports, including reports of intermittent or complete steering lock. No injuries have been reported.
Side-by-Side Off-Road Vehicles Recall Information
- There were about 2,380 units sold.
- The recalls involve 2017 Can-Am Maverick X3 side-by-side vehicles.
- The vehicles came in various colors.
- The recalled models include 2017 Can-Am Maverick STD, 2017 Can-Am Maverick XDS, and Can-Am Maverick X3 XRS
- The vehicles were sold at Can-Am dealers nationwide from August 2016 through November 2016 for between $23,000 and $27,000.
- The importer of the vehicle is BRP U.S. Inc. of Sturtevant, Wisconsin.
- The vehicles were manufactured in Mexico.