Aaron Stevens, a 26 year-old resident of Burleson, died after getting electrocuted while he was trying to put up a business sign in Godley.
According to the Star Telegram, Stevens and his brother were trying to put up a business sign for Multi-Chem, an oilfield chemical business at 6000 Country Road 1001, when the lift they were riding in was accidentally raised too high and Stevens ended up hitting his head on a power line.
First responders tried to administer CPR in an attempt to revive Stevens, but it was too late. Stevens was taken to Texas Health Cleburne Hospital where he was pronounced dead at 2:16 p.m.
Police do not know where Stevens was employed at the time of his death, but stated that he was not an employee by Multi-Chem.
According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA):