Can I Sue a Foreign Company for Injuries Suffered in an Industrial Accident?
When a foreign corporation does business in Texas, any wrongdoing that the company commits within state lines is under the state’s jurisdiction. This means foreign entities can be held responsible for negligence and wrongdoing when it comes to industrial accidents that occur at drilling rigs, plants, refineries, or other industrial sites that they are operating in Texas.
What Should I Do If I’ve Been Involved in a Texas Industrial Accident?
Whether the company you are working for is based in the U.S. or a foreign country, you have rights which are guaranteed by state and federal laws. As such, it is important that you take steps to help preserve these rights when involved in a workplace accident.
By following these guidelines, you can put yourself in a better position to receive fair compensation for you injuries. If you suffered a injury at a Texas industrial site, you should:
- Seek immediate medical attention for your injuries.
- Report the injury to your supervisor as soon as possible.
- Be sure your employer makes a written report of the accident.
- Collect names and contact information of any witnesses to the accident.
- Take photos of the accident area, including of any tools or equipment involved in the accident.
- Write a detailed account of how the accident took place.
- Contact an experienced work accident lawyer to discuss your rights as an injured worker.
How Can a Personal Injury Attorney Benefit My Industrial Injury Claim?
An attorney who has experience handling workplace injuries can greatly increase your chances of receiving just compensation for your injuries. In addition to providing sound legal advice, an attorney can take steps to preserve evidence and gather reliable witness testimony.
Additionally, an attorney can bring in expert witnesses to help evaluate and prove your claim by gathering evidence at the scene, analyzing any findings, and providing expert testimony during trial or arbitration.
Thomas J. Henry has spent years finding and building professional relationships with the best expert witnesses from all across the country. Expert witnesses that could benefit your industrial accident lawsuit include:
- Welding experts
- Process safety management experts
- Safety equipment experts
- Hazardous chemical experts
- State and Federal OSHA consultants and inspectors
- Accident reconstruction experts
- Engineering experts
- Confined space permit experts
- Environment health experts
What Kind of Injuries Can I Seek Compensation For?
Workplace injuries come in many forms and can vary widely in severity. No matter how severe your injuries are, if they were caused by an accident due to an employer’s negligent actions, you may be entitled to compensation. Common examples of on the job injuries include:
- Back injuries
- Broken bones
- Cumulative trauma disorder
- Fallen object accidents
- Loss of fingers and limbs
- Lung cancer
- Neck injuries
- Severed nerve
- Spinal cord injuries
Contact an Experienced Industrial Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one were injured on the job, contact Thomas J. Henry. Workplace accident victims deserve quality, dynamic representation from attorneys with the experience and legal resources to properly develop their case. Oftentimes, workplace injuries are severe and debilitating and put individuals out of work for an extended period of time. Our work accident lawyers will take immediate action on your case and make sure you are comfortable and informed throughout the entire legal process. Contact us today for a free case review.