Corpus Christi police responded to the scene of a crash Tuesday to find a car had crashed into an apartment on Ennis Joslin.
Driver in Corpus Christi Crash Face DWI Charges
According to KIII-TV, the crash occurred around 2:50 am in the 1500 block of Ennis Joslin.
An investigation determined a driver lost control of their vehicle, left the roadway, and drove through a fence before crashing into an apartment.
The driver of the vehicle, identified as a 26-year-old male, was transported to the hospital where he received treatment for his injuries. He will face DWI charges upon his release.
The crash remains under investigation.
Texas Car Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,773 people were killed in Texas traffic accidents in 2016, marking a 5.45% increase from the 3,578 deaths reported in 2015.
- 638 of the deaths reported in 2016 were attributed to a head-on collision.
- Alcohol was determined to be a factor in 987 traffic deaths, accounting for roughly 26% of all Texas traffic fatalities.
- An additional 264,076 people were injured in auto accidents in Texas in 2016.
- Based on reportable data for 2016, TxDOT estimates:
- One person was killed in a traffic accident every 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- One person was injured every 1 minute and 59 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 57 seconds.
Injured in a Drunk Driving Crash? Call Thomas J. Henry Law
If you or a loved one were involved in a drunk driving crash in Corpus Christi, call Thomas J. Henry. Our law firm has the resources and experience to secure maximum compensation for injured clients. We will take immediate action on your claim and work to ensure you receive the justice you deserve.
Our Corpus Christi car accident attorneys are available 24/7 to assist you. Call now for your FREE case review.