According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Carbon Express has recalled two varieties of its crossbows totaling 3,800 items. The crossbows can fire unexpectedly when the safety is on, posing injury risk to customers.
Carbon Express Blade Crossbows Injuries and Remedies
- The company has received a report of the crossbow unexpectedly firing, resulting in thumb laceration.
- Consumers should immediately stop using the crossbow.
- Consumers should return the crossbows to Carbon Express for a free repair.
Details About the Carbon Express Blade Crossbows
- The recall involves the Carbon Express Blade Crossbows
- The crossbows come in black (model 20292) or camouflage (model 20240).
- Both varieties have “Blade” printed on the sides.
- The bows weigh about 6.5 lbs.
- The items have a black pistol grip and a black butt stock.
- The crossbows have a 13-inch power stroke and shoot 320fps.
- The crossbows were sold at Bass Pro, Ellett Brothers, and other sporting goods and outdoors stores and at Amazon.com and Carbonexpresscrossbows.com.
- They were sold from July 2016 through October 2016 for between $250 and $300.