About the Fatal Florida Accident
According to reports, 26-year-old Lucas Dos Reis Laurindo is at fault for an accident that claimed the lives of four family members in Kissimmee, Florida. The family was traveling from Massachusetts. The vehicular crash occurred on February 18 after Lucas struck the family’s van from behind on State Road 429 with his pickup truck.
The collision caused the van to flip over and also involve 2 other surrounding cars. The occupants of the van were 5-year-old Scarlett Smith, 11-year-old Jackson Smith, 41-year-old Julie Smith, and 76-year-old Josephine Fay. Scarlett, Josephine, and Julie were all pronounced dead at the scene while Jackson later passed away at a central hospital.
Several other people were transported to local hospitals for treatment of minor injuries. Lucas was arrested for careless driving and vehicular manslaughter and is currently in prison in Glades County.
Car Accident Statistics U.S.
Information below provided by DriverKnowledge.com:
- The average number of car accidents every year in the U.S. is 6 million.
- More than 90 people die in car accidents every day.
- 3 million people in the U.S. are injured every year in car accidents.
- Around 2 million drivers in car accidents experience permanent injuries every year.
- 1 in 7 people do not wear a seatbelt while driving.
- People not wearing a seatbelt are 30 times more likely to be ejected from the vehicle during a crash.
- Crashes have a 6% rate of fatality, 27% rate of non-fatality injury, and 72% rate of property damage
Contact an Experienced Car Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash, contact Thomas J. Henry. Our experienced auto accident attorneys have experience handling a multitude of injury accidents, no matter how severe the crash or injury. You may be entitled to compensation for your damages if another driver acted negligently. Our firm has the experienced lawyers and financial resources that you need to achieve the real results you deserve.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, and Austin serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Call us today for a free case review — attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. If you cannot make it to our office, we can visit you at your home, in the hospital, or at work.